Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Bluetooth Car kit for cell.phone AND iPod!!!

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by trainerKEN, Jul 25, 2007.

1. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

coming soon to the the US, this device will not only act as a bluetooth car kit... but will also play your iPod (or any MP3 player) with bluetooth adapter... an affordable solution for iPod connectivity? We'll have to wait and see how the reviews go. It's kinda cool cuz the display will show the phone number/contact name and the songs/track/artist. Has Voice recognition dialing.

Parrot's MK6100

http://www.parrot.com/newblog/?p=215

[​IMG]

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Looks interesting, but I wonder how the sound quality will be. I'm weary of these BT adapters for high quality music reproduction.

3. I just saw this and another model at Best Buy yesterday for $110/$150. It connects directly to the Head unit which means that you'd need a some sort of a input unit.

What is one of the best line-in modules out there? I need something that later can be used to ad Aux video and other Audio devices as well, including iPod.

What do you guys use?

4. Mikefx3508

Mikefx3508 Guest

Does any of the packages on the FX include an aux input? Mine has everything I can think of except an aux.

5. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    if you have the rear dvd player you kinda have an aux... it's on the face of the rear dvd drive, you can feed it audio, then select aux source on the rear dvd drive. the dvd drive will stay on that input & whenever you want to listen to whats fed there just select dvd on the head unit. my pc audio comes in there at the moment, crude but does the job for now

6. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Old old thread, but genius, never even thought to do that. I can feed the wire into the housing above too.

7. Looks like they have a new BT and iPod/iPhone set up.
    The Parrot MKi9200 is pretty slick looking, going to give it a go and see how it works. All the reviews on Amazon sound good so far

8. i have a dvd player under my passenger seat but no flip down tv or anything. is this still possible?

9. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    That is not a regular dvd player, it is your navigation dvd player. It can only be used for your navigation dvd disc.

10. Let us know how it goes!

11. robdog369

robdog369 Member

Very cool...

12. I have the mki9100 and it worked good,until a couple weeks ago it just stopped working. Have searched for info on how to fix but to no avail

13. Well I got it in today, took about 20 minutes all in all to get it hooked up but not that bad to install if you get an aftermarket wiring harness they sell through another merchant. If you don't get this wiring harness then you're left to the mercy of a wire splicing install from hell or paying an installer just as much as the wiring harness to permanently install it in your car. With the harness its just a simple plug n play option that doesn't require any cutting or modifying of the car in any real way just to get it working.
    The rig is pretty ghetto right now, just wanted to get it wired up and see how it sounds. Overall the sound is great! Just using the Bluetooth audio option from my iPhone so far it sounds as good as CD quality.
    I'll post more and try to get a write up done when I get some more time. Going to play around with the hands-free and other features it has during the week as well as make sure my mounting spots are where I want them. Pics and install details to come.