Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] black wheels...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by asherchy, Dec 23, 2007.

1. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

xmas present to myself was painting my stock 18s black... HOTT. car looks so mean now. and i threw on my new snow rack thule 5401... car looks like mickeymouse now... like it more than the fatcat? and i can install it without the factory crossbars since an ORG member ripped me off and wont answer any emails anymore...
    how do i post pics without having a site to link them from???
    :pics?:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

3. OP
    OP
    asherchy

attempt one... better pics after xmas when i get my camera n can stop using my celly

View attachment 137011

whatever
    you get the idea...

4. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Those are the tightest 18's I've ever seen. Can you go a little into the process you used?

5. OP
    OP
    asherchy

well having looked into powdercoating years ago and knowing the price, i opted to do it the old way (when i was a barista at starbucks and barely cleared 300 a paycheck). remove wheel... clean with simple green and steel wool...(edit) wipe the whole rim down with denatured alchohol) grab first of 3 cans of rustoleum satin black( the kind meant for outdoor metal)... spray the backside of the rim... allow to dry... flip... repeat.
    ive done this to the last 5 cars ive owned since i worked at the 'bucks. paint lasts about 18 monthsbefore you get SLIGHT fading and have to redo the process. total cost... 20$ vs the 800? for powdercoating. i even did it on the chrome rims of my beemer and after 3 days you couldnt scratch the paint. keep in mind i do have more than your average joes experience with spray paint so do so at your own rims risk
    best part about this time is knowing my snowshoes are waiting for me at the tire shop and not having to mask of the tire.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  6. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I wish my wife was into cars. Good job barista. :cool:

7. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Very nice asherchy good job!

Viet, I would be careful of what you wish for :p:biggrin:.

8. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

nice job!! get some tire dressing for those tires though lol

9. OP
    OP
    asherchy

tires are going byebye on thursday... hello snowshoes