Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Bat Overlays Installed

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by brown_fv, Oct 12, 2007.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

i ordered a few things from Andrew (Blue Batmobile) and i was extremely satisfied with the final result. he shipped them out the next day i ordered and it got to me in under a week.

i ordered a set of 6/10 (20%) rear reflector overlays and a set of ice blue foglight overlays. the installation was a breeze all i did was get the surface wet by spraying some soapy water and then applying the overlays. once i got them into place i used a hair dryer and used a towel and credit card to smooth it out to get rid of any bubbles.

here are the pictures:

In the first pic with the flash you can clearly see the rear reflectors still have a purpose and the overlays havent made them useless because they still reflect

IMG_1124.jpg

the second picture i turned the flash off...the reflectors look really sexy and 'stealthy'

IMG_1123.jpg

the last picture i took after i put in the ice blue overlay over one foglight. the left side is the one with the ice blue overlay and the right side is stock. the foglight looks a lot less orange and very very white.

IMG_1125.jpg

btw, FX is ridiculously dirty :frown:

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Good to see you finally got around to this brown =)

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Show us more of the fogs. Views, & on & off please:wub:

4. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

sure thing! my battery ran out so once i find the charger ill take some more pics. ill be out all night tonight so probably tomorrow night.
    btw, the rear reflectors were easy but the fog lights were a PITA to install because the fogs are curved. the overlays were pretty big so they can slide all the way around but smoothening out all the bubbles and air packets around the fog light was a pain :mad:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  5. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Nice - maybe I should get around to putting mine on......:frown:

6. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

What a difference those fog light overlays make the light seem!:cool:

Where can someone order some of those?

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

8. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Here are some new pics. unfortunately i decided to remove the overlays on my fog lights because i didn't like how the tint showed so much when the foglights were off...im not a big fan of the baby blue color. when the fogs are on it looks bangin though.

Fog lights on:

IMG_1144.jpg

Fog lights off:

IMG_1145.jpg

Attached Files:

9. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I can bet Dr2K would really appreciate the Blue tint on your Fog's

they look great

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yup! did mine myself with blue film from stickercity. I did not like the blue color from Bat.

11. +1 on the sticker city. bat gave me the ideas though, have to give him credit for that

12. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Actually, i got the idea from shady who had his head lights and fog lights blue tinted from sticker city and I did the same. Soon thereafter Bat posted vinyl tints were available for the fog lights.

13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Just got thru putting the overlays on my rear reflectors - had many bubbles and part of it actually tore. I took out my hair dryer and improvised a lil bit and you cant even tell now. I'll post pics in a lil bit......

14. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I must have missed this thread a while back huh. The overlays turnout good Brown.
    I know you like that Doc, I know I liked your headlight overlays I saw last week. I dig the effect it has on the lamps.

15. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Heres the pics as promised, driver side has the overlay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres the passenger side without the overlay
    [​IMG]

Driver side has it and passenger doesnt - cant really tell from the lighting:
    [​IMG]

Freaken bubbles - I got them out with a hairdryer:
    [​IMG]

16. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

looks good, what kind of overlay did you get? (tint %)

17. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Good job Will, just make sure to soap up the outside and keep working the film side to side and up / down if you don't have a squidgy bit, a sponge should work.

18. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

+1 That looks great!

19. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I dont remember - Yours definately look darker than mine though.

20. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Will..Kudos for you.. I can't beleive you actually did a Mod all on your own.. JA JA...

The Overlays look good. You should ask them to give you a darker set. How do they look at night?