Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Badgeless Grill

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by NismoKid, Jul 21, 2007.

1. NismoKid

NismoKid Member

MA
    Is there anyone on here that makes the badgeless grill since Randy isn't doing them anymore?? I have the parts just can't find any body shop to touch it. Thanks in advance :biggrin:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

There have been 2 others made.

The Russian bodykit company made a mold of that style grille, and fxlr8 made his own as well. It's a lot of work. I do wish he still made them so others could enjoy it but the time he puts into it ends up being very low to the money he charged for it.

caskyline_grille_01.jpg

Attached Files:

3. N2FX

N2FX Premium Member Premium

Northridge, CA
    2006 fx35
    Garages:
    So how did Randy make the grille? I've seen them in person and look perfect.
    Fiberglass, PVC?

I'm sure you can find someone to make the grille on the east coast. Just show the shop both stock picture and picture above

4. OP
    OP
    NismoKid

NismoKid Member

MA
    fxlr8 was kind enuff to send me the extra bars needed to make the grill and I've taken it to a few local body shops and all of them wont touch it. I don't want to mess up my grill by tryin to do it myself :frown: Guess I'll just have to spray mine black then hehe

5. flow

flow Member

It is weird that no shop wants to make it . If you have the parts it is not that hard to make the badgeless grill .
    The grill is from pvc ( i think ) so they just have to dremel out the badge and weld in the bars .
    In europe we are doing this all the time with grills and pvc bumpers to make them look cleaner .

6. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    I wonder if a fiberglass place could make a mold of the grille and copy them.

7. I'd really like to do this mod. I have some amateur experience with fiberglass/pvc repair from the motorcyle, so I'd like to tackle this project.

My only question is, where do you get the bars tofill in the cut out gaps? Isn't the grill one piece? So you basically have to cut bars from another grill to possibly make this happen?

8. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    When I made mine I just used an extra grille and cut out the pieces I needed. I then used 3M duramix to mold it on.

DSCN1865.jpg

7.jpg

I think caskyline makes his with strips of pvc....not sure though.

Attached Files:

9. wow, that came out real sharp. thanks for the info...time to buy an extra grill.

10. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    Good luck.. try to find one on ebay, hopefully a broken used one.

11. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Jeff is just handy as they come! My hero. :biggrin::rofl:

12. OP
    OP
    NismoKid

NismoKid Member

MA
    Time to break out the Dremel and hack away :eek: Haha luckily I just scored a back up grill just in case :biggrin:

13. pretty cool mod.

14. fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    I like that grill and how you made it. I've been looking at grills but only seem to find 3 different types out there (billet, billet with chrome border and infinity emblem etc.) They are nice but has anyone seem some new/different grills?

15. OP
    OP
    NismoKid

NismoKid Member

MA
    There is also the not so popular Street Scene Mesh Grill

[​IMG]

16. N2FX

N2FX Premium Member Premium

Northridge, CA
    2006 fx35
    Garages:
    rookie had his Street Scene grille painted black and it looked clean.

Axis_Orden_FX_9.jpg

Attached Files:

17. OP
    OP
    NismoKid

NismoKid Member

MA
    ooo looks good in black. I still have a brand new one sitting in the box cuz it wont fit my 06 grill :frown:

18. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    This is the same SS grill but was custom black chromed and added the badge. But I am tiring of this and in search of something else currently.

DSC01977.jpg

DSC01975.jpg

Attached Files:

19. I can't believe that's what rook's FX looked like. Completely different machine, but still looked good.

20. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

lol, we all started somewhere. Same guy, same attitude, just different looking ride. ;)