Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Autolumination

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by Keemo, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I've been buying a lot of LED's lately from them so I thought I'd post how my experience has been.

Their lights are very good and I've only had an issue with the 36LED 7440 bulbs that seem to burn out quickley, but I'm using them for my DTRL which could be the reason because they are on so much. Other than that, the lights have worked out really good. I actually replaced the LEDs I got from PIAA, they ended up being two different colours that were double the cost, for my license plate with ones from here. Pic shown with LED license and reverse.

Feb202008006.jpg

And here's what the 36LED looks like after about a month. You can see that about a third of it is burnt.

March12008011.jpg

Dispite the issue with this bulb, their customer service has been great. They replaced the first 36LED for me (I havent tried to replace any more since they all have started to be this short of life in this application) and even switched out the first set of reverse lights at no cost because I didnt like how they looked.

I plan to go full interior LED with them next. :biggrin:

http://www.autolumination.com/

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    +1! I have also bought alot of LED's from them and they have been great vendoe to deal with. Also replaced a few of my interior ones as well in the past.

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

My first set of LEDs are still running strong although maybe i should check to see if any are burnt out. i havent noticed a difference in light output so hopefully theyre still fine. prices seem good but shipping to canada tends to take forever.

4. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    hey keemo...which LED's are for the tailights and the license plate light?? im going to buy them now!!!

Also...what do u recommend i get for my fogs?

what other lighting did u change

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  5. 909FX

909FX Premium Member Premium

FONTANA, CA
    2010 Honda Crosstour
    Garages:
    WWW.VLEDS.COM - I have had no issues with them. They last a long time.

6. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Yah, it takes like 2 weeks or so for them to come in to Canada which kinda blows but it's not their fault so I didnt want to say any thing.;)

I got these for my license. 4th one down

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

And these for my reverse. First one on the page.

http://autolumination.com/906.htm

For my Day Time Running Lights I picked up the 36LED I was talking about. When these ones go out (my third set), I might order the 18 or 24LED and try them.

http://autolumination.com/7443_7440.htm

And here's a pic of the 36LED when they're working 100%

May52007126.jpg

Attached Files:

7. jc'sfx

jc'sfx Premium Member Premium

When I replaced my headlights to the blacked out ones, I saw one of my DTRL's with this issue. I guess it's time to order some more .. *screaming* "honey, can I have some more money so I can buy LED's for pumpkin?" .. :LOL:

Attached Files:

8. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    those led's are awesome. any feedback on white interior led's? im curious if the brightness is just right and not too much.

9. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    does nayone know if for the back-up lights you get dual circut or single circut?

you have the option of 1156 or 1157 for the back-up bulbs and IDK which ones we need....

and they are the 11 Super-Power Wide Angle High Flux LEDS right?

also which one exactly is the plate bulb? this:
    194 Superstar Bulbs With Metal Heat Sink
    or
    194 168 W5W 2825 SMT Tower

i want to make sure i get the right ones :LOL:
    thanks

so if my cart reads: T10 Wedge
    Item # SMT TowerColor: Super White
    Lens: 194
    $8.99 USD921
    Item # MatrixColor: Super White
    Lens: Wide Angle

i'm all set for the correct LED setup for the plate and revere, right? jsut double checking.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  10. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I got eBay LEDs to replace the DTRL's that the dealer stole from me when they swapped out for the tail/headlight recalls :thumpdown:

The replacement seemed purplish... can anybody give some honest, non-biased feedback on what LEDs are actually white and not blue or purple?

11. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  12. jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:

13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

14. jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:

15. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

all of them are pretty much the same. ontop of the license plate theres two lights, just unscrew the housing and switch em. just make sure you dont get lights that are too big or else the cover wont fit back on when you need to screw it back in...mine were a really tight fit.

16. jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    i bougth the ones ppl said to get haha hopefuly they fit:wub:

17. jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    my lights came in...

one of the reverse lights had half the LED's blown out before i even put it on..AKA it half-worked....

and KEEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the plate lights dont even fit
    so....guess i need to return the plat eligths, and get a replacement bulb for the reverse..:mad:

hopefully it's free replacements.

i'll thorw up pix tm if it even matters.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  18. OP
    OP
    Keemo

the plate ones should've fit if you bought the ones suggested. did you make sure you pushed them in far enough? Sometimes they stick. Use some kleenex so you're not pushing directly on the bulb. and be carefull when you're pushing in the reverse ones, because they are complex little lights, pushing on the bulbs themselves instead of the housing could damage them I'm sure. Autolum will replace one if it's defective but you'll have to email them so they can send you a reply to print and send with the package.
    Good luck!

19. jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:

thanks. i'll try the license plates ones again...but it seems to be like (|| thats how it fits..... and i hope the LEds werent damaged whil they wer einstalled...oh well. i kept it in anyway cuz i hate having non-matching lights. ill wait for the replacement :)...but yeah

my day sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.