Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Any one use the AAM spacer?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by southcounty13, Dec 24, 2007.

1.  *Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I believe a couple of the east coast guys did give this a shot. The price is ok for what it is, I doubt it is any better than the Motordyne offerings.

I do prefer the plastic spacer provided with the MD kit to prevent from overtightening the 6 middle bolts.

3. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Those 6 plastic spacers? So... that's what they're for... and I thought people were crazy for snapping bolts... Tony @ MD next-day-air'd me a brand new set of 6 because I told him I lost 1 and wanted 2... for free... all I had to give him was my address and my request for 2, ended up with 6 brand new ones... :err:

By far best customer service I've ever had. Ever. Seriously. Evvvvaaarrrr.

4. rookie

Yep, they are spacers to make sure you don't crack the plenum grooves from overtighting it. I've seen it happen, and had the plenum welded to repair it.

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I have a broken bolt on one of my outer bolts...but so far i havent heard any sounds of leakage or performance losses...ill wait till i can get an extractor to get a new bolt from tony.

6. rookie

The outer bolts are pretty standard bolts. Any 6mm bolt should be ok, just get the right length and it should be fine.

7. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    You have to be careful with some of the 6mm bolts. Some have a better density or more tensile strength is what I mean. Over torquing can still snap the heads off the bolts. I know quit a few of us have done it in the past. overall AAM should be a good spacer. The MD spacers have gaskets already adhered on both side and will probably seal with out a hitch.