Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!
AnotherFX

AnotherFX :: 2006 Infiniti FX45

1. AnotherFX

AnotherFX Member

Knoxville, TN
    Garages:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. AeroBFA

AeroBFA iS VIP iS VIP

Chicagoland
    Garages:
    Nice color and choice! So glad you found it and finally started your garage. Now update your mods. :smile (2):

3. FX4BR

FX4BR Member

San Diego, CA
    2012 FX35 AWD
    Brennan
    Garages:
    That is one gorgeous FX! It is the color I was considering if I was to buy an actual color (not black or white).

4. GetLuckiFX

GetLuckiFX Premium Member Premium

Hollywood, CA
    2004 Infiniti FX45
    Adam
    Garages:
    Congrats on the color!! Glad you fond the one you wanted!! This would be my #2 choice after liquid copper!! :top:

5. AeroBFA

AeroBFA iS VIP iS VIP

Chicagoland
    Garages:
    +1 Sapphire Blue is definitely my #2 color choice too!
    Hey Jeff, you may want to consider the M45 Injen cold air intake retrofit. It makes the 45 sound so mean and badass! :wink (2):

6. Exige

Exige Member

Love the color

7. dub-veefx

dub-veefx Member

Doylestown, PA
    2003 FX35
    Garages:
    great color choice, not enough of the midnight blue color out there!

8. matrixx860

matrixx860 Ghost Rider Premium

Wolcott, Ct.
    2012 Nissan Maxima SV
    Joey
    Garages:
    That V-8 looks sexy!

9. soonster

soonster 21" club member iS VIP

NYC
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Garages:
    gorgeous color and condition. should even better in direct sunlight.

10. porkandbeans

porkandbeans iS Dutcher iS VIP

Inland Empire, CA
    2003 FX45 AWSM
    Garages:
    Another Congrats to you. Everything looks so very nice!

11. OP
    OP
    AnotherFX

AnotherFX Member

Knoxville, TN
    Garages:
    Thanks everyone for the compliments! I appreciate the "positive" comments and the community you have on :iS:

I'm not trying to slam some of the other forums, but this is very unusual and you all are very helpful and serious about your FX's and I appreciate that. Keep the suggestions coming, I enjoy hearing about the "tested" upgrades.

12. sir21

sir21 iS VIP iS VIP

PNW
    2005 Ford Excursion
    Garages:
    iS is great. Actually kept me from selling my FX a few times....

13. AeroBFA

AeroBFA iS VIP iS VIP

Chicagoland
    Garages:
    Your back from Miami! The pics in Miami look great. The FX looks like its at home down there. :top:

14. pmanliu

pmanliu iS VIP iS VIP

NYC
    2017 WRX
    Garages:
    Wow... your paint looks so good, and the chrome window trim makes such a big difference. Very nice!

15. Logan

Logan iS VIP iS VIP

Seattle
    Garages:
    2006 45 what a great ride =) So what are your upgrade plans? Going to tackle appearance, performance or handling?

16. OP
    OP
    AnotherFX

AnotherFX Member

Knoxville, TN
    Garages:
    Hey guys, I appreciate the comments on the FX. I really enjoyed the MIA trip, nothing like spending almost 24 hours in a car to learn things about it. I did figure out that I can sustain 90mph and average 17.8mpg while loaded with luggage. Not sure how that rates for other FX's but considering the speed, I was pretty happy. My only issue was during one play period on the interstate it triggered a TPMS alert at about 110mph. Not a great feeling! I pulled over and checked and pressure was fine, had it checked since I returned and it appears the sensor went bad. I've never lost a sensor before so this was strange.

Upgrades? I've added the PIAA 3K fogs, and some interior LED's that I had left over from our G35 and playing with some 25mm spacers we had left over from the G. I just ordered a interior LED kit from Koso so that will be coming up soon. I had originally said no to lowering the FX but the more I read and the more pics I see...this may have made the list. It seems the H&R's are the most cost effective, I just need to figure out how it effects the alignment and if there are any issues getting the camber set correctly. This will probably be my next mod.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments and you all have incredible rides. I've really enjoyed researching your mods and following your builds...mine will never be as extensive but it will be enjoyable.

17. AeroBFA

AeroBFA iS VIP iS VIP

Chicagoland
    Garages:
    If there is one mod that you insist on doing or is a must have, then you are headed in the right direction. Lowering is probably the best mod to do, first. 25mm spacers will be perfect with the OEM 20"s on a lowered FX. It will benefit every aspect of the FX: ride, handling, and aesthetics. H&R springs are nice, but if you can push it, then go with coilovers and keep the 25mm spacers. If this is the only thing you do, then you will be very happy with this setup, compared to other mods you could do.

18. ocal21

ocal21 iS VIP iS VIP

Boston, MA
    2012 FX35
    Oscar
    Garages:
    Pics look awesome. I actually have 25mm spacers and H&R springs and have not regretted it at all. It took me some ime to finally get it done but it's a mod I won't regret specially with ow it looks.

19. Koso Kustomz

Koso Kustomz Member

Idaho
    Garages:
    Looks great man!

20. aiya

aiya First Genner iS VIP

NYC
    Garages:
    Looks great so far. I too resisted lowering for a long time...in the end I wish I did it earlier. =)