Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Another Angel Eye story, lights out

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by Deecarp, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Well here it is, I've had my AE installed for a couple of months now and they looked great until last night. I notice my entire right side was completely out (AE only). at first I was beginning to think maybe something came loose. after a closer look I can see large AE bezel is blown. So now I'm looking for good quality replacement AE's. Some body direct me to a really great source. I got these from ebay and if I can only get a couple of months out of the AE lights then its not worth it.

BlownAE-1.jpg

AE-1.jpg

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00648.jpg
    before the lights went out
    DSC00640.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sorry to hear about your angel eyes going bad Dee. Was this the set on ebay that advertised as 'demon eyes' and it came in a black colored box?

3. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Dee send a PM to Imballingtoday. He should have a spare set that you would like..

Don't waste time...

4. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Hey Doc, yeah I got the Demon Angle eye lights, sucks that they don't work well now. they came in a white box...

Thanks Berto, I'll make contact with him today....

5. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

This story pushed me over the fence. I wont be getting them. Too much hassel.

6. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yea, I have that same set still in the box. Didn't use it cause I got the Tummy halos in the GB, plus the smaller rings were too small for the turn signal bezel.

7. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I just e-mail the guy back to see if they'll honor there 180 day warrantee. we'll see. and you're right the small ring was a little small for the smaller bezel. I made it work for me, and they weren't as bright as advertised either. still look nice when on though. Now I'm about to just put on my post head lights on because I hate having half of my AE not on. looks like crap now!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I know what you mean. I'm glad I have 2 sets of lights too cause having one of the lights out on the angle eyes really suks. Gonna put on my angel eye headlight set this weekend.

9. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    yeah I know it sucks, my post recall lights are chrome so if it looks good enough, I may not go back to the AE's. But I like the look of the AE's so much. it's nice know that although others have them you never really see many FX's with them. Nice to be different sometimes. But a pain when they go bad...

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

+1 This is the same reason I didnt get them. All the horror stories that were on the ORG just made me say no. Also it was lights out on Bertos ride and that just sealed the deal for me.

Dont get me wrong they do look nice.;)

11. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I feel you Will, I'm starting to feel that way too...I gonna wait and see what this guy say about the warrantee first before I just go with blk lights only.