Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Angel Eyes Revisited

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by Dr.2K, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Spent the better part of yesterday installing my old headlights with the angel eyes. About 6 months ago one of the inverters went bad and I waited a LONG time to get the replacements then had to wait to them replaced. Anyways, it was all repaired awhile back but I just did not have the time to change them out plus I didn't really know if I wanted to given all the bad mishaps with this mod. But after putting them back on I didn't realize how much I missed them and how much I REALLY enjoy looking at them. Not to mention how damn good they look. Needless to say I am very happy that I reinstalled them. Here are some pictures I took today. Enjoy!

IMG_5633.jpg
    IMG_5690.jpg
    IMG_5688.jpg
    IMG_5674.jpg
    IMG_5639.jpg
    IMG_5644.jpg
    IMG_5638.jpg
    IMG_5642.jpg
    IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg
    IMG_5666.jpg
    IMG_5664.jpg
    IMG_5659.jpg
    IMG_5649.jpg
    IMG_5650.jpg
    IMG_5655.jpg
    IMG_5656.jpg

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Amazing....
    just when i thought i didnt want angel eyes anymore, after seeing these pics i want them again lol

3. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

these are the tummy lights right? anyone sell these or ones in the same mm sizes?? anyone know what the mm size is for both the inner and outer rings??

4. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, these are the Tummy Halo rings. I believe they are 96mm and 76mm in size. But I don't know who you can order these same size rings from.

5. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Very clean. Are your housings painted, or the stock Black Chrome?

6. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Good catch Dave! Yes, they were painted DG.

7. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Did you do the work yourself?

8. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    You mean installing the angel eyes? No. You mean painting the housing? No. Both were done by Randy awhile back. I just removed the bumper reinstalled the headlights.

9. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I like the look Doc - just scared of the problems that come with them. I'm actually still having issues with my headlights not coming on sometimes......thats enough to drive me nuts already.:err:

But your ride is looking good - anything else up your sleves?

10. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I know what you mean Will. But I dig the look too much :LOL:. We shall see how long these will last.

Anything else up my sleeve? Hmm...We shall see what happens...have a few things on the to do list :biggrin:.

11. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Pierce.. the ones that I gave to Imballingtoday (golan) are fitted with the new Inverters that Tummy send to us about 6 months ago.

They were only good for about 6 hours...

They blew out again. Nevertheless, I found a new manufacturer that uses one inverter for both rings and he has had them on with no problems now. If yours do go out let me know and I will see if I can get you a set so you wont have this problem..

12. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sounds good Humberto, thanks for the heads up and watching out :biggrin:.

13. Looks good Pierce. I just ordered a new set for my G and FX right from Taiwan. They weren't a bad price..I had issues with my 1st generation on both vehicles. My whole dash went out in the FX to include the A/C and all the lights except the headlights. I'm taking out all the old lights and installing them myself. I'll take pics when I'm done..

14. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Hey Berto I didn't contact Imballing for those lights, I could use the hook up though.

Doc I love the look of your lights, mine blew out but nothing looks as good as those AE's, they look so, so, so clean... Great look!

15. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sorry to hear about your troubles Lawrence. Post pics when you all done!

16. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Blew out already?! How long did you have them? Not long from my recollection.

17. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Hey brown, you reading this stuff.....hahahaha dont do it man.;)

18. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I haven't had them long, about a month and ahalf. I got them off e-bay Demon eyes or what ever you call them. I made contact with the company and they will not honor there so call 180 day warranty. after only 45days+. To make me feel better they told me they would sell me new lights at cost for $19.99. I examined the light and the ballist was completly blown apart on one end. so I don't think I want to get anything from them again. glad nothing was damages. I thought the service was good but only if you don't have any problems. So if anyone has the Tummy AE lights I'll gladly buy them off you but other than that. I'll wait untill a good set comes along. Ilike the look hate the problem, and dislike taking my bumper off just for the install. so now i have my post lights installed. Thus now I'll be doing the black grill. I'm gonna do the entire grill black. so I'm gonna look at Jeffs write up later. Try and do it before I head south to L.A

19. looks sickkkk

20. What company? I'm going through R-Dash. Anyone hear of them?