Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

America's Tires (discount tire) spacers

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by fxlr8, Jan 21, 2008.

1. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Went to America's tires today (same as discount tire) to get my rims and tires balanced, came back 2 hours later and the first thing the guy said was,,, "well, looks like I need to give you a refund".. I was like "so you didn't balance my rims?".... I guess they do not even mess with cars with spacers. He said that if he would of seen them earlier, he would of told me. So that's all, just wanted to throw this out...that they don't mess with cars with spacers.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

So he did the work and gave you your $$$ back?

3. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

i know a shop in burbank that said they could do my spacer install and alignment if you need a place

4. OP
    OP
    fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    Nope, they let me wait 2 hours and did nothing. Would of been nice if he would of called me, since they had my number. I can understand the company policy though...they probably got tired of people blaming them for spacer problems and vibration.

5. wasabiz45

wasabiz45 Member

that's weird, cuz i go to discount tire here, and i've had my spacers on for over 3 years, and went from 15mm/20mm/25mm. No hassles.

6. OP
    OP
    fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    not really sure, did a search on google and some have said the same thing about discount. I think sears is another place that won't even touch cars with spacers. I will just take my rims off and bring two at a time.

7. wasabiz45

wasabiz45 Member

last time i went to sears was 5 years ago. They hired two new guys who had very little experience. I brought in a set of wheels from my z (Blitz type-03, 17" staggered 8.5"/10" w/ chrome lip), note that they were already off the car... I told them that i just wanted to remove the tires... nothing else. These two guys take the wheels out of the bed of my pick up truck and go to town. One guy starts mounting my rim upside down on the machine and spun it.... gouging into the the lip, the inside of the rim (inside the rubber) was all scratch HARD. I caught this guy on his second rim, so the first rim was already damaged. The other guy had the front wheels and probably dropped down on the sidewall hard because the whole sidewall was ripped a foot long.... on a new NITTO NT555!

The manager was another idiot in itself denying that the incident didn't happen, and the wheels were already like that. They dodged me a bunch of times and even corporate NTB didn't want to replace the wheels/tires. I don't have a lot of trust in NTB since, even though they've got new workers.... they don't know how to treat a customer. Discount on the other hand listen to my requests and promise not to scratch/damage anything in the process. If they can't do it, they let me know. I admire their honesty.