Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Already ..........

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by jc'sfx, Mar 18, 2008.

1. jc'sfx

jc'sfx Premium Member Premium

After almost a year of waiting for my headlights, I was so excited in receiving them and finally installing them on my FX. It matched so well with my new Ordens that I kept on getting compliments from different people on how good they look. Last night when I visited Turbocad6 to replace another clip inside the headlight which holds the motor (he already replaced the passenger side as that was broken too), soonster pointed out to me that my drivers side outer angel eye was out. I don't wanna have to take the headlight apart since I don't know what's wrong with it, whether it's the just the inverter or the the ring itself. It's just frustrating that's all .... :frown: .. I'm thinking of just removing the headlight and just put my stock ones back on and leave it at that. Any input would help fella's.

Edit*
    Thanks again John for all your help .. next time I'll bring the cofee.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

My advise, stay away from angels unless you are willing to constantly take your lights apart to fix them. All the stories have made me not want them. But keep your headlights if they are black!!! and post some pix! Sorry to hear about your frustrations.

3. OP
    OP
    jc'sfx

I wonder if the guys in here with angel eyes has had similar problems.

4. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    JC.. in order to see what is wrong you have to check if the actual halo went out. this will be indicated if the Halo looks black or gray at the bottom of it.

if it's not it's just replacing the Inverter.. Check and I will send you a set....

5. OP
    OP
    jc'sfx

OK .. I'll check it when I go to lunch and I'll let you know. Thanks dude.

6. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    I think the halo is good, didn't see any blackening on the ends...

7. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yea, it seems its usually just the inverter that keeps going bad and its usually the 92mm one at that. Mine just went out as well (2nd time).

8. OP
    OP
    jc'sfx

Just got back from lunch and like John I didn't see any black or gray mark on the halo.

9. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Bummer. This is the reason I went black, no angels.

10. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

+1 after seeing all of these threads, im staying away from angel eyes and just going for a blacked out look.

11. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

+1 Looks good as hell - but F'n toooooooo many problems........

12. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

im at 8ish months with no problems and my lights are always on...
    now having cursed myself...

13. OP
    OP
    jc'sfx

I know man, my instinct told me not to do it but they just look so good.

ash .. do you have the 1st gen angel eyes or the 2nd one?

14. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

i have the ebay special.... demon eyes
    thicker flourescent rings in the hid color
    the outer ring is a lil small but i epoxied them on and everything is gravy

15. OP
    OP
    jc'sfx

UPDATE ---- Since we notice that the outer ring was out on Monday, I notice yesterday that the inner ring on the driver side is now out also. Both angel eyes on the passenger side are still working .... :mad:

16. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    your inverter could be blown worst case, or you could have a bad connection either way you'll have to check it. sorry to hear about your AE's. I know the feeling on that situation. I had mine go out a few months ago and have not return to them yet, but I want to just a hassle taking the head light out every time something goes wrong....

17. OP
    OP
    jc'sfx

I hear yah .. Im meeting with John (Turbocad6) tomorrow and he's gonna help me fix it and if I have anymore problems after that, Im just gonna cut the wires and just leave them in there.