Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Alpine iDA-X001 Din Radio Install

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by gchristopher9, Dec 29, 2007.

1.  *Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Nice! That's a good looking headunit. :D

3. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

looks clean...

the only reason I would go that route is to have navi tho...

4. OP
    OP
    gchristopher9

gchristopher9 Member

it also switches to red, which i'm going to change out to match the ambers in the rest of the dash. i have navi on my cell right now, and will probably end up getting a nuvi down the road. plus i dont really dig the look of the flip out in that spot.

5. rookie

It can be a stepping stone to a fully independent system. Upper screen can still be replaced with an Alpine touchscreen to be used with the standalone nave system.

6. OP
    OP
    gchristopher9

gchristopher9 Member

well i wanted to keep the factory stuff. this unit doesn't have a cd player, so its going to be used just for my ipod interface. the factory unit will still run CD's and the radio, which don't get used very often

7. rookie

Good idea, CD quality would suffer going thru the aux in. Compressed audio is compressed audio. :LOL:

8. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Looks very clean....nice work.

9. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Headunit looks really nice...very clean looking install

10. OP
    OP
    gchristopher9

gchristopher9 Member

swapped out the red leds in the face plate for ambers that match stock stuff. hacked alpines background uploading shit to use a custom image using a program i downloaded from the net. gotta tweak the amber on the wallpaper a bit but its almost there and looks good.

View attachment 137247
    View attachment 137249
    View attachment 137252

11. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    wow, christopher, that is really nice, the lighting makes all the difference between it looking way out of place & it looking sweet... definatley looking sweet. that's one of the things I hate about my alpine d300 is that I can't change the wallpaper. I never seen a hack like you did on the alpine, but haven't done much research there in a few years really... have you noticed if that hack is applicable to other alpine heads? I would love to be able to hack into my d300, any links would be cool.

really nice, big props on a sweet mod;)

12. OP
    OP
    gchristopher9

gchristopher9 Member

wow coming from you that really does mean a lot. this alpine head allows you to use images downloaded from alpines website, that you upload through the USB port. however it doesn't allow you to make your own images to upload. the deck uses an APN format, which isn't easily edited. someone in italy wrote a program to general this APN format from your own RAW images, so i get it a shot, and it worked.

13. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Looks very oem with the color change. Looks sharp! Great job with the wallpaper too.

14. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Very nice headunit

15. nihs

nihs Member

Nice install. How hard is it to install????

16. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    ahh...too bad the redesigned console doesnt have the slot to put a head unit into. :thumpdown:

17. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Very cool.. Great clean mod...

18. is it me or did anyone else notice that its 9 degrees F outside?

19. OP
    OP
    gchristopher9

gchristopher9 Member

install wasn't bad at all. the worst part, at least for me, was having to take the stock radio out 3 or 4 times to get everything all squared away. there isn't much wire length to pull the radio out, and all the clips to unlock the connectors are facing the ground, so you can't even see what the hell you are doing in there. the actual install of the DIN unit was simply.

and yes, i braved a december in boston to get this all installed. if you look at the first round of pics though it was 41 degrees when i put the radio in. i was probably working in a tshirt out there. the second round of pics was taken at night after work, where i did the LED color switcharoo.

20. ABETRMAN

ABETRMAN Member

Washington
    2004 FX35 RWD
    Johnny
    face plate

Did you modify the original face plate or did you get a spare? I would like to do a similar mod but I want to swap it back out (if possible) if I trade in. I was wondering where to get a spare if you know?