Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

All New 2009 Infiniti FX

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by Dr.2K, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

"The 2009 FX will be available in two different choices: the FX37 and the FX50. As you suspect already one will be powered by a 3.7 liter and the other by a 5.0 liter engine.
    The FX37 wil be powered by the same 3.7 liter VQ-series V6 engine engine used in the G37 Coupe and will deliver 300 hp. The FX50 will be powered by a 5.0 liter engine with an output of 390 hp and 369 lbs-ft."

5.0 liter producing 390 hp and 369 lbs-ft. OMFG :eek::eek:

3. ^ Sounds good? That sounds great!!!!! Anybody wanna buy an '04 modded FX with custom ICE, low miles?!?!?!?!?!? :LOL:

4. The new HR plateform is bound to make its way across Nissan/Infiniti's line sooner or later. For the 350Zs we've had several local members picking up the 07s with the VQ35HR and they dynoed some very impressive baselines. There was a thread over at my350Z.com from Sharif @ Forged Performance disecting a HR and the results were amazing. This plateform has absolutely nothing in common with the current VQ. The numbers are really nice on the up and coming models, but I'm happy with my FX as is.I was seriously considring waiting for the HR because the new motor has so much more potiental than the current DE. At the end though I figured it's a never ending game waiting for new models like a dog chasing its own tail.

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

hmmm anyone thinking a 3.5HR or 3.7VVEL engine swap :wub:

6. Currently a motor swap would not be worth the time or $$$. For the price you might as well build your engine and slap 2 snails on.

7. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I personally just can't wait to hear the exhaust note on the 5.0 :eek:

8. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    That is some serious power, Viet still in the lead though. Lets see how much these really put down though after someone dynos them.

9. da mayor

da mayor Member

i know those engines sound accurate but I think the FX might get a little larger like the X5 style.

10. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I may have to seriously consider the FX50 when it comes out!:biggrin:

11. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    What about an EX50 transplant. :eek::eek:

12. flow

flow Member

:eek:

I want the fx50 . I think i found my next car .

13. azwcat22

azwcat22 Member

Thats what I was thinking. Comparing the FX size wise to the EX, it's too similar to make sense from a marketing point of view.

14. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Probably won't work. If it has an EX25 and EX35 option, it's probably much like the FX35/FX45.

The FX35's engine bay looks empty with the 3.5L in it, and I'm guessing the EX25's engine bay looks empty... much like the 4.5L fills the FX's engine bay, the 3.5L will probably fill the EX35's engine bay :rofl:

Think of it like this: Put the 5.6L in an FX45? Some serious fitment issues!