Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Alignment Done after 3 months of H&R

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by Mongolian, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

So I went and got my alignment done this morning. The alignment guys were able to correct everything except front right camber.

The front right camber is currently @ -1.7 and the maximum factory spec is -1.5. They said the bolt does not allow for further correction so I told them it was fine.

Other than the front right camber, nothing really was that much out of spec.

So... does .2 degrees out of spec make much a difference to tire life?

BTW, this is H&R springs and I had the springs for around 3.5 months. I'm sure the springs have settled in nicely.

I just wanted to share my alignment experience.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I think, . . . that CAMBER is not usually the problem on our lowered rides, but rather the TOE (negative). I know I'm at maximum of still being within factory limits.
    This is a Rookie thing to explain for expert analysis of your numbers.

3. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

Toe was off, but toe was easily corrected with adjustment.

I was expecting the rear to be off, but my front right was off. I guess I'm an odd ball?

I will post detailed before and after results very soon.

4. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Post your graphic of all the numbers. Was it done on a Hunter?

5. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

Yeah, it was done on a Hunter. I've seen two versions of the Hunter machine where the machine moves the car by itself and the manual one where the tech has to operate the car during alignment. This alignment shop had the manual one. Here are my alignment results:

Alignment Numbers:

Front camber: -1.7 (L), -0.8 (R)
    Rear camber: -1.1 (L), -1.2 (R)

Front toe: +0.06 (L), +0.08 (R)
    Rear toe: +0.16 (L), +0.19 (R)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  6. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Kinda hard to read in that format, but here are mine post align w/ Eibachs.
    **Also, added numbers & additional format to Drop thread. Maybe others can do the same for comparison.

The Drop Thread (What's your drop?) - InfinitiScene.com

Alignment Numbers:

Front camber: -1.2 (L), -1.3 (R)
    Rear camber: -1.4 (L), -1.5 (R)

Front toe: +0.06 (L), +0.06 (R)
    Rear toe: +0.17 (L), +0.16 (R)

7. hmm

With lowering springs, would get cause alignment to go out of spec more easy?

8. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

Yes.

9. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

The front bolt holes can be notched to allow more camber adjustment.

My front left was cambered out a little from nailing something on the freeway. Without taking the wheel off and unbolting the assembly, I don't think much of an attempt was made to correct it.

Do you have caster numbers? Front tend take some abuse from parking blocks.

10. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

So 0.2 degrees off camber will not eat up my tires right?

I will post caster numbers later tonight after i get home. I don't have the print out with me here...

I only noticed that camber and toe was off prior to the correction with only front left not being able to be corrected. I did not notice anything else in the red.

11. jumbosrule

jumbosrule Premium Member Premium

Redondo Beach, CA
    2003 FX35T
    Brad
    Garages:
    Same deal for me - I've been riding around on Eibachs for three months and I just got an alignment last week. Only my front right wheel was out of camber - had to notch the subframe to bring it back in - which was already done once to both left and right during the initial spring install. Rears did not need adjustment.

03/20/09 07/30/09
    FL
    camber -1.4 -1.19
    caster 4.1 3.87
    toe 0.09 0.18

FR
    camber -1.2 -1.18
    caster 3.5 3.78
    toe 0.09 0.18

12. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    I know this is a bit old, but the biggest problem I see with this setup is not that it's .2 deg over on the one side, the biggest problem with this setup is the fact that the left front has almost a full degree more camber than the right side... this is an issue unless your running a circle track type setup & only running right turns...

specs are one thing, but it is equally as important, if not even more so, that both sides match each other pretty well... with a setup like that^^^ I'll bet your car can corner much harder in a right turn than a left... right turns will have less understeer than left turns because of the extra degree of camber in the left front... I'm not talking anything about tire wear here, just strictly performance really...

13. zx12rtoo

zx12rtoo Member

Northern VA
    2013 s4
    been on H&Rs about 3 months and got an alignment done to factory specs at merchants 2 weeks after. I noticed as of the last month my rear tires are wearing quickly and on the outside quite a bit as well. I have my truck staggered 25mm rear, 20mm front. Any suggestions for re-alignment when I get new tires in a couple weeks. I also have exhaust and intake that have settled and become louder which prollly contributed to the tire wear the way I have been driving, but not necessarily the outside wearing. I was kinda unsure about getting factory spec alignment, but some places would not even do it with aftermarket springs.

14. you should have waited till after installing new tires for the alignment.