Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Aftermarket 8'' subwoofer

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by robb<35>, Feb 13, 2008.

1. robb<35>

robb<35> Member

hey guys, i was just thinking, i wanted to get an 8'' sub from jl and wanted to know if jl will just fit into the stock position , i know there is going to be some modification to make it fit, but i was thinking of dropping 2 8'' jl w3's in the position and mount the amp somewhere, could this be done? i want to have everything concealed as my last system was clearly visible and got jacked , also will these little 8'' produce noticable bass? i know there not going to be hardcore bass just looking for a little more thump then the bose

12544.jpg

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Car:
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    this was an idea i had while i was thinkign about doing a system.
    i haven't gotten one yet.
    from what i've heard/learned, i don't knwoif you can do this. but im probably wrong haah.:confused:

3. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

damn, i wana do this mod so bad, just dropping the 8'' subs and get an amp i know its a bit more complex then that but i just want to know if anyone has done this before?

4. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Car:
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    one guy had somehting liek this, but with no spare. and he had to cut a hoel in the wheel cover thingy--i personalyl tohugth it looek dlsoppy. ill try to find the link for yu :)

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

theres a lot of members who have their sub enclosure where the spare used to be but dont still utilize the spare tire. it would save you some weight too.

its a risk you take for not having the spare tire but i guess thats what free roadside assistance is for.

6. Professional

Professional Member

I have a pioneer slimline 10" in a custom enclosure in the spare. A normal sub wont fit in the tire, but if you take it out, an enclosure can be made in the recess to fit 2 10s or probably 12s.

7. iMotionFX45

iMotionFX45 Member

Garages:
    I thought about doing that when i first bought my car but there's i found it hard to make the JLs fit into the factory sub box. I know if you want it bad enough anything can be done but i don't think its worth the trouble. The factory box was specially designed to get maximum performance out of what little space it has. Its a very tight fit and is ported to more easily move air. It looked really simple when i first took it out but when i took it apart it actually surprised me with how much thought that they put into it.

If you want to go with a stealth look, I've seen a lot of people build custom boxes in there spare tire wells. They did a cut-out on the floor and put in a speaker grille for the bass to get out. Another way to do it would be building a box off to the side and try your best to blend it in with the rest of the trunk. You can get a lot of Stealthy speaker box ideas from JL.

VW golf
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1501

Honda S2000
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1405

I've had a lot of cars get broken into in the past so i know how it feels. My car never parks outside anywhere over night now and i don't take it to any risky places. It sucks but better safe then sorry.

Here's a pic of my set up. Six 8" JL audio W3s on a JL 1000/1
    FXDUB06.jpg

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

imotion , thats a crazy set up you have there, i wanted to maybe put an enclosure on the side but again its visible and i dont want anybody knowing i have a system back there, i was thinking of doing it in side the rear wheel well as well , how much would something like that cost around, i know depending on what sub just a ball park price, to get something custom done, 2 10''s with an amp , is it hard? and is it diy?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.