Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Aftermarket 8'' subwoofer

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by robb<35>, Feb 13, 2008.

1. hey guys, i was just thinking, i wanted to get an 8'' sub from jl and wanted to know if jl will just fit into the stock position , i know there is going to be some modification to make it fit, but i was thinking of dropping 2 8'' jl w3's in the position and mount the amp somewhere, could this be done? i want to have everything concealed as my last system was clearly visible and got jacked , also will these little 8'' produce noticable bass? i know there not going to be hardcore bass just looking for a little more thump then the bose

12544.jpg

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    this was an idea i had while i was thinkign about doing a system.
    i haven't gotten one yet.
    from what i've heard/learned, i don't knwoif you can do this. but im probably wrong haah.:confused:

3. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

damn, i wana do this mod so bad, just dropping the 8'' subs and get an amp i know its a bit more complex then that but i just want to know if anyone has done this before?

4. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    one guy had somehting liek this, but with no spare. and he had to cut a hoel in the wheel cover thingy--i personalyl tohugth it looek dlsoppy. ill try to find the link for yu :)

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

theres a lot of members who have their sub enclosure where the spare used to be but dont still utilize the spare tire. it would save you some weight too.

its a risk you take for not having the spare tire but i guess thats what free roadside assistance is for.

6. Professional

Professional Member

I have a pioneer slimline 10" in a custom enclosure in the spare. A normal sub wont fit in the tire, but if you take it out, an enclosure can be made in the recess to fit 2 10s or probably 12s.

7. iMotionFX45

iMotionFX45 Member

Houston, TX
    Garages:
    I thought about doing that when i first bought my car but there's i found it hard to make the JLs fit into the factory sub box. I know if you want it bad enough anything can be done but i don't think its worth the trouble. The factory box was specially designed to get maximum performance out of what little space it has. Its a very tight fit and is ported to more easily move air. It looked really simple when i first took it out but when i took it apart it actually surprised me with how much thought that they put into it.

If you want to go with a stealth look, I've seen a lot of people build custom boxes in there spare tire wells. They did a cut-out on the floor and put in a speaker grille for the bass to get out. Another way to do it would be building a box off to the side and try your best to blend it in with the rest of the trunk. You can get a lot of Stealthy speaker box ideas from JL.

VW golf
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1501

Honda S2000
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1405

I've had a lot of cars get broken into in the past so i know how it feels. My car never parks outside anywhere over night now and i don't take it to any risky places. It sucks but better safe then sorry.

Here's a pic of my set up. Six 8" JL audio W3s on a JL 1000/1
    FXDUB06.jpg

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

imotion , thats a crazy set up you have there, i wanted to maybe put an enclosure on the side but again its visible and i dont want anybody knowing i have a system back there, i was thinking of doing it in side the rear wheel well as well , how much would something like that cost around, i know depending on what sub just a ball park price, to get something custom done, 2 10''s with an amp , is it hard? and is it diy?