Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] A great guy...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by trainerKEN, Jan 25, 2008.

1. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

Before I go too much into this thread... I first, have to explain/share something with y'all.
    Lately, I've been posting normally, just like I've always have... But the truth is... last Friday, January 18th, my dad passed away in a short fight with cancer. A lot of the stuff I've been posting, I did with my cell phone while in my dad's hospital room... I dunno know, maybe it was because I hated seeing my dad in such condition, cuz he was uncomfortable, we don't think he was in pain but they had to pump so much medication into him just to keep things stabilized... we're quite certain he was not feeling good. When my sister and/or mom came to give me a break, and take their turns at being at the bed side... I'd turn to the car forums... maybe it was my way of releasing some mental stress...

But this thread isn't about my dad... If I was going to write about my dad... it would be pages and pages long, I assure you that. He was a great man. But this thread is about a fellow :iS: member. For those of you that's met him, he's known for "giving" things... and sincerely doesn't want anything in return. I've only met him a couple times, and when told about my dad's funeral, insisted on attending. He, obviously, didn't even know my dad... but he wanted to be there for me. I have friends from South Orange County, that I thought would be there today, and they didn't even show... He drove all the way from South Gate today (in the rain) to attend my dad's funeral service that was in Chinese... What a guy! I really can't express in words how much I appreciate his friendship... but here's to you Humberto... thank you soooooooooooooo much for being a friend.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Sorry about your dad Ken.....prayers go out to you & your family.
    Let me know if you need anything.

Regarding Bert - ehhhh hes ok LOL.;)

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

+1 sorry to hear about your father....Humberto seems like a great guy, always helping others on the forum.

but i just have to bring up the little issue about what happened to our IS STICKERS! haha just kidding around :LOL::rofl::cool:

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sorry to hear about your Father Ken, but just be assured he is in a better place...my condolences to you and your family.

5. hey ken, my condolosense about to you and ur family. Sorry to hear about your father. = ) i live in walnut so, if u need anything ^_^

+2 Humberto is a cool cat.

6. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

actually the service was at St. Lorenzo Ruiz Catholic Church IN Walnut... I think I've mentioned before that my parents live there...

thanks for the offer Allen, I'm going to be moving home for awhile... so we'll have to meet up for coffee or something, and thanks you guys for the all condolences/thoughts/prayers... I really appreciate it... :iS: actually helped me to NOT be so depress during my dad's last few days...

7. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Sorry Ken. Only happy occasions for you and fam.

8. He is a true friend in deed. Sorry about your dad Ken, I know how it feels to lose a loved one.

9. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad Ken. I hope the best for you and your family as you go through this tough time.

Yah, all the guys on this forum are really cool. That's why I'm usually only here and not on any other. I wish I lived in CA sometimes. It's great that he could make it to be there for you. Here's to a REAL class act guy!

10. jc'sfx

jc'sfx Premium Member Premium

My prayer goes out to you and your family Ken.

As for Humberto, he really is a cool dude. He took on my headlight project when Randy was backed up and he delivered on his promise that he will finish it.

11. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

My condolences to you, and your family Ken. As death is also a part of life, it's always so much harder to deal with. Having lost some close relatives in these past couple of years, I know how hard it is to deal with the loss of a famiy member. May you and your family find strenght and courage to go through these tough times.

I never met Humberto. But from socializing with him around the forums, and from what I've been reading, I think it's obvious that he is a good person. My hat is off to you Humberto, for being there for another FX'er, friend, human being.

12. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    sorry to hear about your dad man. it must be really heavy on the family. but im always down in rowland heights which is pretty close to walnut..so maybe we can all meet up (allen and I) over some life plaza or something

13. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

Totally, I'm all for that... like I told Allen... I'm still down in Dana Point for the month of February, then I'm moving home with my mom and sister for a little bit before moving up to Vancouver (eventually, not sure at the moment when that's going to be tho). All I know is I got a ton of stuff I need to figure out what I'm going to do with, I'll most likely rent a storage space for now... My parents' house is going to get an awesome Home Theater tho... My mom's going to be pretty stoke about that:LOL:

14. yea.. lol life plaza... U fob... -_- starbucks is better MUAHAHAHA

P.s. Derek u still go to the chevron? call me when ur down there... lets go to chino GTG ! ! !

15. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    dude life plaza is where the hotties are!! PLUS i always see modded fx's there. same color fx as yours license plate says "VQTEST" i think..pretty moded

16. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Isnt that Ken's FX (OP)?

17. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

LOL, that's ME... the plate is "VO2 TEST" :rofl: What are the odds... maybe we were in the same restaurant, walked pass each other and didn't even know it

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  18. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    wow really? i was at the arcade or at ten rens.

19. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I was at the restaurant upstairs, about half way in.... don't remember the name... GREAT FOOD btw...

20. NEW CAPITAL SEAFOOD! after 9pm 5.99/6.99/7.99 RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT? (i have an amazing memory for useless information)