Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

22' fitment on fx

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by robb<35>, Sep 4, 2007.

1. to all the fx owners out there with the 22's , how is the ride on ur fx? does having an awd make a difference in a wheel ? is there wheel sensors that need to be changed?? im planning on purchasing a set of these mht wheels, 22 x 10 or 22 x 11.5 ?? what are your opinons, thanks :cool:

llcblack.jpg

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    The ride on my 22's is great...

Did not really have to sacrafice anything going from stock 20's to 22's

The only thing you might need to do is swap out the TPMS from your stock set up and install them with you new 22's in order for the Low Tire Light on your Dash does not turn on...

3. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

sounds good ye i thought i might have to do that we'll see tho, im really liking these rims tho could some1 possibly do a photoshop for me pleaseee :)

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Nice wheels! Humberto is right their is really nothing sacrificed with 22in wheels because if you already have the sport package the ride is pretty firm anyways. And there is no adverse effects on the AWD system. The TPMS is the only thing you have to worry about with fitment. If the infiniti sensors do not fit the valve stem hole on these mht wheels you can always do what I did here 24's and TPMS - InfinitiScene.com or just forgo it altogether.

I almost got these myself.

http://www.mhtwheels.com/default.cfm?brand=76

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  5. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ya thanks guys, im going to do it, got to find my best price for them 1st tho

6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Forgot to add...the only thing that is a con if you can call it that is to be a bit more aware of potholes on the road. But forged wheels are much stronger then cast so it can withstand a few bad holes.

7. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ya most diffantly , i knew that it was guna be a bumpy ride, my dad has 24's on his navi but i wouldnt kno much on how it would be with the fx, but these wheels are really nice, most likly going to get em

8. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Tires have a lot to do with the ride. If you must go beyond 22x9.5 stick with 22x10 +35 or so, +40 if you want to be safe. 305/35-22 Pirellis are great tires, 295/35-22 is another size that would fit this wheel width, 285/35-22 is a very popular size for tire manufacturers so many choice in this size.

9. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ya i think im going to go with the 305's i love the look of them and my dad has the gforces on his navi, 305/35/24

navion24s.jpg