Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

2004 FX45 Navi Questions

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by evo188, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Hello Guys,

I am new to this forums and I will be posting picture of my FX45. Love the car and super fast.

Question - is there anyway to input address on the Navi while driving. A lot of the time we get the direction while driving and I will have my wife try to enter the direction.

Of course it does not allow me to enter anything until i stop the car.

Hope you guys have a way to bypass this....

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
  3. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

easy mod... even for those who hate wiring(me) cost is about 8$ time is 10min to 1/2 hour (big hands tight space). one thing to think about is placement. i went with the seat in front of the nav and passengers kick it off sometimes.

4. OP
    OP
    evo188

evo188 Member

Thanks everyone

I will try this mod when I get some time, taking the care to Vermont, Killington for a Skii trip this President Weekend.

Will try it when I come back.

5. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Ash, how long have you had thins mod done?

Have you run into any weird happening with the navi since doing the mod?

6. asherchy

no problems at all but i do know that the chart/diagram on the site was different from my nav plugs... something about the wire colors not matching... i dont know remember which one i went with...
    what kinda problems are you running into??? anything of great concern???

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I heard that the pointer thing stays put on the map and when you flip the switch back, it takes a lil bit for it to catch up to where youre actually at, if it actually catches up. That was the only bad thing I had read.

Basically cutting the signal from the speedo to the nav, so the nav doesnt think the cars moving.

8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, those the are concerns I also heard a long time ago right when i got my FX and i was looking into this mod. But those concerns steered me away and eventually into the alpine unit with its own touch screen nav and no restriction to input while moving.

9. asherchy

oooohhhh that... yeah it does that (actually the arrow continues to spin north/south... the map stops moving) . the longest its taken to catch up is about a minute... average is 20 secs. thats the annoying part about where i placed my switch. if a passenger knocks it to the off position, then my screen stops moving and the navigation never kicks in... all in all though, this is a great mod and i recommend it to anyone who uses their nav more than once a week.