Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

2003 - 2008 FX Lighting Specs (Bulbs)

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by Dr.2K, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    High and Low Beam Headights:
    -HID-D2S
    -Kelvin Rating = 4300k

Parking Light / DTRL:
    -7443/7440

Fog Lights:
    -03-05 = 9006
    -06+ = H8

Reverse Light:
    -921/906

Turnsignal:
    -7440/7443

License Plate:
    -168/194

Front Sidemarker:
    -194/168

Rear Sidemarker:
    -194/168

All Interior Ligthing:
    -DE3175/Festoon Dome Bulbs

Below is a list of web sites that have these bulbs and corresponding LED bulbs for those that want brighter LED lighting. I am not affiliated with any of the retailers below in any way. I am just passing on information and my experience with these online stores which may help other members with their modding experience.

http://www.autolumination.com/
    http://www.eautoworks.com/
    http://www.matrixracing.com/
    http://stores.ebay.com/MTEC-Automotive
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Thanks for the guide, i just ordered a set of DTRL, Reverse & license plate LEDS

3. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Any personal experience on whiteness?

The bulbs I first had as DTRL were pretty white, they matched headlights well, but had a very VERY slight hint of blue.

The new ones are nowhere near white really... but they're "hyper white" or "super white" or whatever descriptive word they want to tie in.

I'm wondering if anybody has had any experience with LEDs that truely were white light... I'm satisfied w/ my old LEDs for the interiors, they give a slightly blue hue, but the DTRL's I have aren't even close. Same w/ my reverses, and I'm afraid to put them in the side-markers cuz they'll look purple.

4. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I've been meening to get an order going for DTRL's, fogs, reverse and license plates LEDs. Which ones did you go with?

The 15 LED for DTRL's etc?

...OK after some searching here and the org, I figured it all out. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  5. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I suggest using the white 36 led bulb from autoillumination for the 7440 or 7443 at 14.99 each.

6. Keemo

Is this true about the turn signals? If I could I would replace the front ones with LEDs unless it did require that electronic flasher unit they discribe. Then I would just go with PIAA bulbs.

http://superbrightleds.com/carbulb-notes.htm

7. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Never tired them. But you can give it a try and post back your findings.

8. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

LEDs in the blinker don't put enough load on the relay so it thinks it has already hit it and moves on so you get the fast flasher. The PIAAs are the easiest way to go, the orange is very slight and the bulbs have showed good life. Mine are still going. :)

9. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

one of my LED reverse went out - Gonna have to order a replacement - does anyone off hand remember how to replace it? Do I just remove the lil panel off the hatch door?? or is there tools involved? Im gonna put the stock bulbs back in in the meantime

10. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    If I recall you will pop off 3 little covers by each lamp and you will need a 10mm socket to remove the housing.

11. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Cool - Thanks Jeff

12. Keemo

For '07 you'll need a 8mm deep socket.

13. Keemo

I installed the LED Reverse lights today and I have ordered a new set of 9 LED bulbs cause the ones I ordered were the Superstar from autoillumination. It looks cool at night, but the beam of light wasnt as wide as I wanted to fill up the reflector. And in the day it looks like a white dot. Here's a pic at night. I'll update when the new ones come.

FXReverseLights008.jpg

14. brown_fv

Looks pretty cool, i cant remember which #LED i ordered, but ill take a picture for comparion sake. how did you take a picture when your car was in reverse?

15. Keemo

Cool, it'll be good to compare.

I took it very quickly.;) JK, I just turned the key to acc. and put in in reverse without the engine on.

16. Keemo

Here's the new LED. This one is the 9LED superwhite for reverse. And I ended up swaping out the PIAA LEDs for the lisence plate for some others from Autoillum. I just could'nt live with them being slightly different colors.

Feb202008006.jpg

17. brown_fv

what LED did you get for your license plate...i havent gotten LEDs for it yet and i hate my halogen look lol

18. Keemo

19. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

i have those
    they were a lil too blue at first but after a month they faded (right first then left a week later) to an almost lexus plate light color
    mine in about 5 months and going strong

20. Very helpful!!