Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 2003-2005 Infiniti FX35 Secret Weapon polished color air intake system

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by 909FX, Mar 16, 2008.

1. 909FX

909FX Premium Member Premium

FONTANA, CA
    2010 Honda Crosstour
    Garages:
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Hey, to be 100% honest i havent heard of either of those intakes...there are some with a weapon r intake for the FX45 though.

when looking for an intake theres 2 things really...the first is getting rid of the stock tube and getting a "z-tube" and the next part is the filter.

the z-tube gets rid of all the resonators in the stock tube so it makes everything "louder". the cheapest way to do this is to get a z-tube from a 350z but then you need an extra peice to connect to our filters because our engine bay is bigger. you can look at a stillen z-tube, LMS ztube, etc. there are many many choices out there.

the second part is the filter. once again there are many choices. you can keep your stock airbox and just get a k&n panel filter. you can also get the JWT pop charger (many people have this) or then stillen hi flow air box (many people have this). once again there are a lot of choices.

you can also get an intake system that combines both in one. the LMS has a short ram system that comes with a longer ztube with a k&n cone filter at the end, also you can get the fujita as well which is the same concept.

check out g35driver and my350z and search around and find whats best for you.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
  4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Carlos - LMS Ztube for sale-

InfinitiScene.com

its the one that I'm using, it connects to the stock air box, but gets rid of all the restrictions of the OEM tubing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brown_fv has some pics with better angles - but this should give you an idea.

5. OP
    OP
    909FX

FONTANA, CA
    2010 Honda Crosstour
    Garages:
    Hey Will, thanks for the info. So how does it sound? A little louder than stock?

What do you think of the Fujita?

6. brown_fv

the LMS sounds great. here are some better angles of my LMS set up with the JWT pop charger.

View attachment 143139

View attachment 143141

View attachment 143142

basically, all the z-tubes pretty much sound the same because its literally almost the same pipe it just gets rid of the restrictions and resonators in the stock tube.

it gets noticeably louder. the filter component also makes it louder. you hear a "hissing" sound when you are accelerating as the air gets sucked in the filter; pretty coold stuff. with the 2 combined your engine really roars.

personally, i would go with a stillen, oem, or LMS z-tube mated with either the JWT pop charger or the stillen box.

if you want the Fujita then thats an option too, but it looks very similar to the INJEN intake which was tried on our FX but that showed LOSSES and no gains....

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

The Z-tube version connects to the stock air box. So with, I didnt notice much change in the noise level maybe a tad louder at WOT. The set up that Brown_fv has is the LMS Short Ram Intake (SRI) using a cone filter and that should give you more sounds

8. Ausfx

Ausfx Member

I did not really notice an audible change with my air intake.

9. brown_fv

Homie, i'm not using the LMS SRI, its still the z-tube. the LMS z-tube is the same size as the stillen z-tube i used to have so it was just a matter of swapping them out and keeping the JWT in place.

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Nice- I saw the cone and automatically thought SRI

11. OP
    OP
    909FX

FONTANA, CA
    2010 Honda Crosstour
    Garages:
    I am confused. lol. I don't know too much about engines. I just know I want a little more of an aggresive sound with an intake.

:confused:

12. brown_fv

ohh haha maybe its cuz you didnt see my MAF. the SRI has a built in MAF where as the 2nd coupler is attached to the stock housing maf then to the JWT

haha its all good man. if i were you id just get something simple done like getting the complete stillen system (stillen z-tube and stillen hi flow box). its a great product and it wont boggle your mind. anyone who has that will tell you they love it.

later down the road once you are more educated and more familiar with your engine you can swap out your tube for another one and put your stillen one for sale. it will be sold quickly!

13. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    i got the stillen intake w/ the z-tube and it sounds a little different--theres a small chirp when you first step on the pedal and the scond ytou release it. and since ive installed my intake my fx seems a bit quicker...but i could just be imagining :) haha

i vote for stillen!

14. brown_fv

drive with your window down and give it some gas, you will hear the suction sound. im not sure if you will hear it as much as the JWT because your heat shield might mask a lot of the sound.

just a heads up, dont forget to clean and re-oil your filter...especially cuz we gotta deal with the snow, salt, sand, etc. in the winter. i clean mine about every 10,000 KM (around 6,500 miles)

15. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    o0o yeah. thanks for the heads up. i havent had it on for more than 3k anyways so yeah...

but i love the way it sounds :)

16. OP
    OP
    909FX

FONTANA, CA
    2010 Honda Crosstour
    Garages:
    Who wants to go shopping with me? lol. So if I get the Fujita intake, do I still install the Z-Tube? If so, will that be a good combo?

17. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    the fujita replaces the whole thing so no z tube necissary

18. OP
    OP
    909FX

FONTANA, CA
    2010 Honda Crosstour
    Garages:
    Thanks for the info Mr. Turbocad. lol.

So now I was on the Stillen web site and came across this:

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?...Fe Filters&year=2005&make=INFINITI&model=FX35

I read everything and really like what I read.

Check it out and let me know what you think. Really leaning towards this one.

After all, it is Stillen. Don't think they would sell something that is bad quality.

19. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    that looks pretty cool, heres there picture of it:

[​IMG]

that too is the whole path, so no z tube necissary there either... they also built the maf into the tube makes it cleaner with less connections on the intake... like some others have also...

20. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Didn't even know that stillen had a new intake system out. I like the look of this one..:top: