Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

20" OEM vs. 18" OEM Fx35 Rims

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by puhahacj, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

I just put on the 20" sport package rims on my car. One thing I noticed right away, THE WEIGHT, good f'ing lord the 20" OEM rims are so f'ing heavy compared to the 18"s. I would say at least 15 lbs more. I just hope this doesn't compromise the fx's performance noticeably.

BTW, check out the pics! Looks too damn good though, so I'll stop complaining.

P.S. Also installed the OEM mud guards, very very very good upgrade for $100. Gives a lower/wider stance. I'll take rear pics soon and post.

ckaix38's sets on Flickr

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    20's are heavy, but the 18s are no lightweights either. You're gonna suffer a bit, but the handling will make up for it. BTW, your ride is super clean. Looks great, now lower it!

3. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    I have actually weighed the 18's and 20's before,

(Without Tires)
    20's = 40-42lbs
    18's = 34-36lbs

4. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

haha

Lower it?? Not yet! I've seen a lowered FX35 around the Torrance area, looked like a young affluent teenager, also a black FX so I really don't want to be confused with this guy. Is the suspension on Fx35 with sport package lowered? Maybe that would be better huh.

Yep, the specs sound about right, 5 more lbs heavy on wheels alone, + 8-10 lb. of rubber, that's why it feels so much more heavy.

Some guy offered $450 for the 18" chromes.....sounds a little too low huh :mad:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  5. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

i can see how jack stephan driving a black fx might get confused with jack stevanavich in a black fx.... but cmon.... youre in the white pages

6. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

LMFAO:LOL::LOL::LOL:

7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

careful what you say, that could be someone here :p:LOL::LOL::LOL:

8. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

5 lb difference??

Damn, that's heavy for 18's!! BTW, went to the dealership over the weekend, new wheel style on the 08 FX's look very sexy.

LOL, it's Jack Stephanski.......

I edited the previous posting, it's not right to say that, my apologies. I drove a beat up 1988 Toyota Tercel back in high school, graduated 99', so I was one of those humble kids. How about you guys?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  9. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I just wanted to say nice color choice for your FX and Welcome to the scene!

10. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:

yeah. i'ma young punk kid :mad:

jk. but i do have an fx and im 17......does that make me in the "young kid with rich parents" category?

11. jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    the 20" chromies are awesome....thats what i have :rofl::rofl:

12. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

haha

I knew some friends who went to Palos Verdes High School and those kids were driving BMW 5 series and Benz S class to school. 17 and driving Fx35!!!?? You are one happy teenager. You lucky son of a gun ;) With that kind of car at 17, you should have a line of girls waiting to "ride" in the back seat. :rofl: Put some good use to that car!

And thanks! IS is definitely a better crowd than infinitifx.org Lot of haters in that forum.

13. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

like they used to say it in the ol' days.... "And how"

14. jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    what makes oyu think i haven't put it to good use :LOL:;):rofl::wub::rolleyes::biggrin::):p

but yeah i probably have the nicest car of the students at my school--the nest one down is the 3 people with new audi a4's....besides that.....i have the nicest car that belongs to ME. THIS ISNT MY PARENT'S CAR. I hate when haters say dumb shit liek that haha. but seriously, i am grateful i have such a car. :wub:

15. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I hope it wasnt me or Humberto when we went to technosquare hahahaha!
    It wasnt at Kings Hawaiian was it? Cuz we ate there and went to TS.

16. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

hehe

I forgot where it was, I think it was on Sepulveda Blvd., sometime last summer in 07' around Del Amo Mall. Hehehe. Oh well.

Audi A4?? Those have low resale values, I almost got one at the dealership, can you believe an 06' with less than 15K miles is only around 20k?? That's so f'ing cheap.

17. OP
    OP
    puhahacj

puhahacj Member

Rolling with 20's vs. 18's

Hey guys, just also noticed that the car slows down much faster on 20"s than on 18"s run you let your gas off the pedal, or am I being paranoid??