Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 +2

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by FX06, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Hi guys,

iv noticed that some have +2 in thier signature..

What do that mean? and how it helps the car?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I'm definately no expert, but I recently had this done.

Basically it sets the ignition timing to fire 2 degrees before the factory setting. In the FX35 the factory setting is as shown on the top table as 15BTDC (Before Top Dead Centre). This means that the spark will happen when the piston is 15 degrees before it hit the very top of it's stroke in the cylinder. If you advance your timming 2 degrees, which is in factory specs so it wont void your warranty, then the spark happends 2 degrees sooner. This will mean that the explosion in the chamber will have that much more time to burn everything up that was put in there (gas) creating more power. I can vouch for the effectiveness of this mod. It added pep and torque/hp.

It's a great mod for minimal costs. I think it cost me $30. All they have to do is plug it in and hit a couple buttons. I almost forgot to add, it's recomended that if you get this done, to use premium 91 or higher gas to avoid chances of detonation. (An explosion in the chamber before the spark happeds) since higher octain gas burns at a higher temp.

Go for it!

May52007092.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  3. OP
    OP
    FX06

FX06 Member

thanks man i think ill go for it.

Can i do it at the dealership? btw i have no warranty so no problem for me =P

4. Keemo

Yah, the dealership should be able to do it for you.

Just tell them you would like to advance the timing from 15BTDC to 17BTDC. If possible speak with the tech who will be working on your car, not the counter girl/guy. It shouldnt take more than 30 min or so.

Enjoy!

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

great explanation keemo! i still have to get this done some time...

6. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Better yet, get a proper tune & leave the base timing alone.

7. Keemo

Or do both.....? ;)

8. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    No Need. Tune only.
    Timing is most likely retarding back to baseline when you punch it.

9. OP
    OP
    FX06

FX06 Member

Soon im going to install a unichip or i dont know what they call it =P

so i dont need to do this +2 thing .. right?

10. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    My opinion is No
    When TS tunes you, using their "Technos Ecu Tuning" You get a reflash that would include all new Fuel & Ignition Timing Re-maps custom to you car, it's mods & the fuel you put in it.
    That is a way better route than a blind +2. Now, I had the +2 done before tuning, & I'm not sure if it's still there, but acc. to Tadashi, a true Ecu reset will in fact erase the +2 mod & bring it back to stock setting. No One's proven this yet over here, but Tadash is sure of it. Either way, if you get it done, all good & leave it in . . before the tune, but if you dont, no bigee, just properly tune your ride for optimum performance.

11. Keemo

But this is still a good option for those who are not ready for that mod yet,
    and for minimal costs.

More power at low $$$$ makes Keemo a happy driver.:p