Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

12/2/07: Toys for Tots Car Show @ Cali Speedway

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by ShadyJC, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Hey guys... sorry I haven't been around much, haven't been able to hit up any forums much for the past few months...

Our 2007 Toys for Tots Charity Car Show will be held in conjunction with Speed Venture's High Performance Driving Experience and Autocross day at California Speedway on Sun Dec 2, 2007. Yes! You can drive your car on a real racetrack!

Place: California Speedway, Fontana (inside the oval)
    Date: Sunday 12/2/07

Rain or SHINE folks.

Cost: $25 show registration (registration ends Nov 16 - no exceptions)

To register for the car show, visit: http://www.t4tcarshow.com
    To register for the track/autocross, visit: http://www.speedventures.com

>>yes you can participate in both<<

The sponsor list is growing, and we'll post up as they are confirmed.
    Jack93.1FM will be broadcasting from onsite all day with giveaways.
    There will also be jumpers, games and activities for the family.
    Santa has also agreed to saddle up and drop in for a couple of hours to visit with the kids.

[​IMG]

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Sticky for you. :biggrin:

3. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Remember:

DEC 1st is a Drag Day at CAL Speedway... so you can make it a two day event.

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Theres a Best of Show Catagory for Infiniti FX.......a bunch of us should enter - hahahaha for bragging rights.

5. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Last year, if I recall, Shady couldnt compete, so there might be a chance. Rookie, you have to park in the regular lot on this one :LOL:

6. rookie

Regular lot? I'll go and not compete. :) I want to get together with everyone more often.

7. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Group Hug?? :confused::err::confused::wub:

8. rookie

Where's Min!

9. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Looking for a wrench :LOL:

10. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    BTW, I just past you post count. Looks like I'm now No. 2 post whore!

11. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Dam I wanna do that road course. Anyone up for it? I guess you can make it out to this one huh Dave, its on a Sunday...no excuses this time!

12. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I guess we'll see then :rofl:
    I would like to do the oval . . NASCAR style! Tight in, loose out, high groove, just barely brush the wall . . Yee haw!!!!!!!

13. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    No oval for us. But this will be the track that will be used for the event.

calspeedinteriortrack.jpg

Cost is $260.00 for Sunday. You think you will want to do it Dave?

Attached Files:

14. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Some things to consider. I hsve no helmet, tires are at their end. Not certain if that's a good or bad thing. Also, this is my daily driver. Ya think I'm gonna spend the brakes? Would this be a good time to use up my goodyear stocker slicks? What if there's rain. Seems like it might get costly just to run around a bit. Sorry I sound like such a wimp. Give me some encouragement. Never had any formal training, but I have to say, I am a pretty good driver.

15. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Goto Berts Megamall and get yourself a cheapy motorcycle helmet for $40 (it is DOT approved). Your gonna need to replace you tires anyways - theres a great price on rotorpro rotors and brake pads.....so theres no reason you shouldnt!

16. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I don't think a little track time is gonna kill the FX. Wireboltman takes is FX autocrossing every year. But its up to you Dave. I'm not 100% on this yet, but considering it heavily.

17. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Have you guys ever autocrossed the FX? Thinking it's not such a bad idea to burn the last of the rubber on the goodyears. There's still some tread left.
    And seriously, I know it's not gonna kill the FX. I drive the canyons pretty hard, & this might be a way to really go deep into my turns. Always a bit cautious with the hills. Havnt you guys ever seen my doughnuts :LOL:
    I think I'd like to do this. Maybe Rookie can set me up wiith some slicks from Falken? :wub:

18. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
  19. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Have driven the Little Tujunga Canyon Rd. before. I just did it this past Sunday cause of the FWY jam on the 5 and 14 due to that big accident. But i did it with the Lexus and boy I had a headache afterwards lol. Even on the sport mode the lexus was sloshing all over the road. And dam that rod is small. gonna try it one of these days with the FX and see how it handles those twits and turns.

If you want to really do this Dave then I will be with you. I have never been on a track before so this will be my first road course. There does seem to be a little stipulation that driver's must get a education course prior to going on the road and this is on Sat. but it also said that for those that cannot make it to Sat for this little education course to call in. Register on the speedventures site i already did. I saw the list of cars and driver's that will me there on Sunday and there alot of very HIGH performance vehicles registered already.

20. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages: