Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 04 350Z motor vs 05 FX35 motor

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by LeBron23, Oct 15, 2007.

1. I'm sure most of you guys know that I used have JWT TT with built motor blah blah
    and when I sold my kit/motor to someone on my350z.com. We swapped out motors. So basically I'm running 2004 350Z motor in my 2005 FX35...is there any difference in performance? Cuz...I just had a race with stock looking FX35 and I pulled away from him. I know I have done groundwire, intake, exhaust but I do have pretty heavy system in the back that might be drawback off the line race, and I don't think intake/exhaust will be so helpful when racing off the line. Just curious...So! I'm going to TS this Wed to see how much hp/tq I'm making...love to see some 400rwhp again L0L but I'd be happy to get numbers close to gto-dave's. Will see...

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. sounds good..damn youve done so many mods so fast..look at that signature already

3. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Dont forget this is Mins 2nd time around - hahaha

4. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

F/I coming....haha I'm just kidding! I just received Rotors/Pads from Rich, dude super fast shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will put these on sometime this week. Man..no more squeaks hopefully. :)

5. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Ya, that's some signature you got there :LOL:

6. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

TB Spacer coming Dave! :)

7. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

Okay found this, 04 350Z has 287 horsepower and 274 lb-ft of torque and 05 FX35 has 280hp/270 lb-ft. So I did gain 7 hp/4 tq by having 350Z motor in it...kind of cool I guess.

8. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    No you didnt. It's the same freakin' Non-Revup engine. It's all in the ECU buddy.
    Are you running the FX ECU, or Z?

9. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yea, but that 7hp gain is probably negated by the extra weight of the FX.

But you can come to the track on the 27th to see it in action =)

10. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

Ah...I...think....FX...ECU....will find out to...mo...rrow....

11. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Min did you get the set that I told you about? The ones that were Drilled/Slotted?

12. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Min, if it's been a while, I suggest you get fresh oil for tomorrows pulls. Tadashi shows no mercy when the cars are strapped down. Then of course, he takes your ride out on the street for some Tadashi abuse after the tune. Dont be surprised if he breaks 7800 rpm on the table.

13. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

Yep! I picked up Cube's wrong order for $280 shipped with pads. Looks really good!!
    I'm putting them on Thursday!~

14. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

maybe you just had a better launch(?)

15. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

I just had 60K service done less than a month ago so I should be good to go.
    Hey I have seen my speedo going upto 180+ mph before, I'm ready for some Tadashi treatment!!!~~

16. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Nice - I havent heard a squeal from mine since I installed them.

17. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

That's good to hear Will. I'm getting them installed tomorrow. Also I will post my Dyno sheet tomorrow I got 228rwhp/207rwtq...Dynojet Number. I'm going to Install TB Spacer right now hehe

18. Hello,

I would like to fit fx35(2005) engine into my 350Z(2004), due to cracked cylinder heads on my engine.

Since you have made similar fit, I would like to know if all of my parts will easily fit Infinitys engine?

Will I have to make any modifications? 350Z has manual transmission and Infinity was automatic.

dejan

19. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    They are the same engine. Transmission will be different of course, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I assume the tranny mount is the same for both. Or you could just swap engine parts between the two if all else fails.

20. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    biggest concern may be that if the engine is from an automatic then the pilot hole in the rear of the crank for the pilot bearing may be rusty and may be a problem to fit a pilot bearing to it, where an engine that started out mated to a stick tranny wouldn't have this potential problem because it's had a pilot bearing in there from the start so removing and installing another should be no problem. not a deal breaker but something to be at least aware of