What's New Home Forum Top
Supporter Rides
Register
Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti crossover owners and enthusiasts!
Welcome to InfinitiScene.com!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, and are only allowed limited access to the forum. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?
Here are a few of the many reasons why you should join our site...

  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Our members experience fewer Ads.
  • You can earn a free virtual garage/gallery.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    RiSC
    SCiS
    Posts
    2,911
    Ride
    2003 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    17
    Thanks Received: 
    12

    MAINT Tail light fuse location?

    I have the maintenance manual and still can't figure out where this fuse is!

    Playing around with the electrical I must have shorted something out - the tail lights don't work, nor does the backlight for the analog clock, or the backlights for the stereo/AC console buttons. Are they on the same circuit or would this be two fuses?

    Anybody know where I need to look to replace these fuses?



    Register

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    RiSC
    TXFX
    Posts
    17,162
    Ride
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    36
    Thanks Received: 
    146
    Have you checked all 3 fuse boxes?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    RiSC
    SCiS
    Posts
    2,911
    Ride
    2003 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    17
    Thanks Received: 
    12
    Yeah! I'm even replacing every fuse with a smart fuse - they light up when they blow.

    I haven't checked every single fuse - which is why I was asking for the location. Would make it a lot faster if I knew which one I was looking at.

    It's 100 today in Houston, and high humidity. I'd prefer to stay in the garage for as SHORT as possible during the summer!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sauga City
    Posts
    77
    Ride
    2003 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanks Received: 
    0
    its behind the battery, the first one on top left or right! my blew when i was messing around with the interior. i m guessing the buttons on ur deck dont light up?
    Last edited by desiii; 06-23-2009 at 01:13 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    RiSC
    SCiS
    Posts
    2,911
    Ride
    2003 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    17
    Thanks Received: 
    12
    Thanks - will attack it tonight!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    RiSC
    TSFX
    Posts
    5,489
    Ride
    Other
    Thanks Given
    90
    Thanks Received: 
    83
    thread with pics for the hidden fuse box

    http://www.infinitiscene.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=4826

    you will have to pop off a couple of those black panels in the engine bay. Just pop off the black screws and you can remove the panels

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    RiSC
    SCiS
    Posts
    2,911
    Ride
    2003 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    17
    Thanks Received: 
    12
    Yup - I have been in there a few times. I finally figured out how to pop those plastic rivets without breaking them. I did the wiring for an amp according to the thread here on the scene and went through the fire wall at the plastic bubble behind the battery.

    Yesterday I bought a bunch of smart fuses and will continue to replace the bussman stock fuses. These smart fuses light up when they blow, making them super easy to find. I didn't even know I had blown a fuse once when I was working on my stereo, but one glance at the fuse box told me I had. I thought thought it was my wiring and was trouble shooting until I saw the fuse. Invaluable.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    RiSC
    SCiS
    Posts
    2,911
    Ride
    2003 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    17
    Thanks Received: 
    12

    $40 Fuse upgrade complete

    This weekend I spent a little time replacing all the fuses with the Smart fuses. Bought a large multi-pack and then a few extra 10A and 15A fuses.

    The 10A fuse WAS blown (#71 in the manual), and replacing it brought everything back. Tail lights, DTRLs, clock light and back light for the center console buttons.

    I thought it was strange that the clock light, console back light and DTRLs and tail lights are all on the same circuit - but it's a good indication to the diver that his tail lights are out if the console lights are as well. Now that I know they are linked, of course.

    I took a few of the old fuses and will keep them in the car for roadside replacement should that become necessary. It felt like a productive thing to do to my FX.
    Last edited by jumbosrule; 06-29-2009 at 01:43 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    richardson,TX
    RiSC
    TXFX
    Posts
    448
    Ride
    2005 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    18
    Thanks Received: 
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbosrule View Post
    This weekend I spent a little time replacing all the fuses with the Smart fuses. Bought a large multi-pack and then a few extra 10A and 15A fuses.

    The 10A fuse WAS blown (#71 in the manual), and replacing it brought everything back. Tail lights, DTRLs, clock light and back light for the center console buttons.

    I thought it was strange that the clock light, console back light and DTRLs and tail lights are all on the same circuit - but it's a good indication to the diver that his tail lights are out if the console lights are as well. Now that I know they are linked, of course.

    I took a few of the old fuses and will keep them in the car for roadside replacement should that become necessary. It felt like a productive thing to do to my FX.

    I have this problem now, when I replaced DTRL bulbs ( not done yet ).
    Rear, license plate, DTRL lights, Memory seat, Rear view camera are not working.
    I did look at the link that some members gave it to me,
    But my is 05 and I think it will be the same as your, please tell me what you did to your FX to make it work so I can fix mine, Thanks ......

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    RiSC
    SCiS
    Posts
    5,916
    Ride
    2005 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    48
    Thanks Received: 
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by easy_goer View Post
    I have this problem now, when I replaced DTRL bulbs ( not done yet ).
    Rear, license plate, DTRL lights, Memory seat, Rear view camera are not working.
    I did look at the link that some members gave it to me,
    But my is 05 and I think it will be the same as your, please tell me what you did to your FX to make it work so I can fix mine, Thanks ......

    call the dealer and check on your warranty status. then put back stock bulbs and have them fix it if is under warranty. My 05's warranty expires this year in NOV.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    richardson,TX
    RiSC
    TXFX
    Posts
    448
    Ride
    2005 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    18
    Thanks Received: 
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by theMerchant View Post
    call the dealer and check on your warranty status. then put back stock bulbs and have them fix it if is under warranty. My 05's warranty expires this year in NOV.

    Yea, I will do that........... THX

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    RiSC
    SCiS
    Posts
    2,911
    Ride
    2003 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    17
    Thanks Received: 
    12
    If all that stuff stopped working at the same time, it's probably a fuse. Should be simple to swap out once you find it.

    thread with pics for the hidden fuse box

    http://www.infinitiscene.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=4826

    you will have to pop off a couple of those black panels in the engine bay. Just pop off the black plastic retainers and you can remove the panels. The panel against the windshield slides about a half inch along the windshield before pulling straight out.


 

Similar Threads

  1. [FX35 09-12] Tail Light
    By bubito9512 in forum FX (09+) - Interior & Exterior
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-15-2014, 01:15 AM
  2. Parking Light Fuse
    By Keemo in forum FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 12:19 AM
  3. [FX35 09-12] tail light removal
    By Lerry@ARKperformance in forum FX (09+) - Interior & Exterior
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 08:06 PM
  4. tuning location location location
    By jbaker1121 in forum FX Community
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 07:23 PM
  5. console light, outer tail light are not on..
    By daidaic in forum FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 AM.