Hey guys, not sure if there's a detailed DIY to change the door lock actuators but here's my attempt. It's over $500 CDN in labour and parts to change the actuator at the stealership. It's about 2 hours in labour and about $260 CDN ($180 USD) to do it yourself.
1. First buy the actuator
2. Take off the silver finish on the inside door handle/rest. Just pull from the top corner using your fingers. Clips shouldn't break.
3. This should reveal 2 screws (cross head). Take those out.
4. There's a black tab that you can see inside the door lock/handle module. Use a small flat head screwdriver to lever that out. This should reveal another cross head screw to remove.
5. After removing the 3 screws the inside door panel is only held by clips. You can just grab the inside front/bottom corner of the door panel (near the speaker) and yank. You should hear the clips come out. Keep working your way up the front part of the door to the top (with the window seal) and then to the back. THe door panel should come off.
6. Next, there should be 4-5 cables holding the door panel to the metal door frame. Undo 2 cables (for the lights) and undo the window/door lock button module. Then undo the door lock/handle with the 4 silver screws and the clips.
7. Should be able to put aside the inside door panel now.
8. Next remove the silver bar that would have lied underneath the door handle/rest with the two screws.
9. Remove the speaker with the 3 screws and the cable
10. Remove the circular sticker on the metal frame at about the same level as the speaker but farther back the metal frame from it
11. This sticker reveals a hole which you can press the window button to lower the window screws to this hole
12. Next remove the two screws holding the window to the frame through the hole (covered by the sticker) and through the hole of the speaker
13. Have a buddy lift this window up from the window frame and just hold it there. You could try to slide the window out now but I found it more difficult.
14. Next remove the 8-10 bolts holding the inside metal panel on the periphery of this panel. The bolts are silver/grey in color. You do not need to remove the gold bolts that are in the inside aspect of the metal panel.
15. Pull out this metal panel and this should now make it easier to pull out the window.
16. Now you can see the actual actuator. You can disconnect the two cables of the actuator from the door lock/handle.
17. Unbolt the 3 star-shaped screws on the side of the door holding the actuator and remove the actuator. Unhook the wires that control the actuator.
18. The actuator should be held by the cable to the outside door handle.
19. You can pull the rubber grommet on the side of the door above those 3 star shaped screws and you should see a gold screw that you should loosen.
20. Now pull the outside door handle outwards and forwards so you can slide the other chrome part of the door handle out.
21. On the inside aspect of the chrome handle there is another gold screw (star shaped) that you need to remove. You can now slide out the chrome handle and pull out the inside of the chrome handle of which the actuator cable is connected to.
22. Take out the cable and switch actuators.
23. Reverse the process to put things back together.
Hope that's detailed enough. The process was difficult to figure out without instructions but I can do it now in about 30 min once I figured out all the screws. I have pictures but I don't know how to upload them. Let me know if you need the pics.