So I just took the plunge into my first tranny fluid change and took some pics. I used 5 quarts instead of flushing all of it.
Check out the technical documents here:
FX: Changing Transmission Fluid - InfinitiScene.com
THINGS YOU'LL NEED:
1. Nissan Matic J transmission fluid (got lucky and found some on ebay but most likely you'll have to go to a Nissan dealer and pay $15/qt)
2. 10mm socket
5. a friend to help
7. ramps/jack stands (so you can fit the bucket under)
1. Lift car and remove splash guard.
2. Remove the engine cover so you can get to the charging pipe behind the engine.
3. Unscrew the 10mm bolt holding the dip stick in. Remove the dip stick.
4. If you're replacing X quarts of fluid, fill your bucket with X quarts of water and make a line at the water level. This way you'll know when do stop draining.
5. Get all your Nissan Matic J transmission fluid opened and lined up so you or you're friend can continuosly pour. Start your engine (nothing will drain without the engine running).
6. Get under the engine with your bucket ready. You'll be removing the smaller hose from the radiator (see picture).
7. With your plyers, squeeze the hose clamp and slide it farther up the hose.
8. Put your bucket directly below the end of the hose and get positioned so you can watch the fluid level reach the line on the inside of the bucket.
9. Pull the hose off the radiator. I used plyers on this step but it might be easier to just use your hand. TIP: JUST AS THE HOSE RELEASES FROM THE RADIATOR, GIVE IT A PINCH TO STOP THE FLUID FROM SPRAYING ALL OVER YOUR GARAGE!. Otherwise you're garage will look like this.
10. Yell to your friend to start pouring. Aim the hose at the bucket and stop pinching. Watch the fluid fill the bucket. As soon as it reaches the line in the bucket, pinch the hose again and reconnect it to the radiator. Hopefully all the old fluid is in your bucket and not on your body/garage floor.
11. Slide the hose clamp back to the end of the hose with your plyers.
12. Turn off your engine and give your friend a high five or a kick in the nuts, depending on his performance.
13. Put the splash guard back on. Screw the dip stick bolt back into the charging pipe. Put your engine cover back on.
14. Good work, now go drink a beer and order some more mods for your FX.
See More: HOW TO: Changing Transmission Fluid