What's New Home Forum Top
Supporter Rides
Register
Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti crossover owners and enthusiasts!
Welcome to InfinitiScene.com!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, and are only allowed limited access to the forum. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?
Here are a few of the many reasons why you should join our site...

  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Our members experience fewer Ads.
  • You can earn a free virtual garage/gallery.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tripoli - Libya
    Posts
    324
    Ride
    2004 FX45
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanks Received: 
    16

    Electronics Bose pcb assy 100w -2db, tf

    My sub is out, I dismantled the unit and with some troubleshooting using a friend's unit I was able to confirm that the amp is busted, it has "BOSE PCB ASSY 100W -2DB, TF" written on it.

    I would like to know if this amp repairable, or if it is being sold stand alone (not with the complete sub unit) somewhere, or if there is a proper aftermarket substitute for it - no worries about the space, I will figure something out.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



    Register

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Valley CA
    Posts
    113
    Ride
    2005 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    9
    Thanks Received: 
    10
    Check my thread

  3.    The Following User Says Thank You to WiND DANCE For This Useful Post:

    Ataher 

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tripoli - Libya
    Posts
    324
    Ride
    2004 FX45
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanks Received: 
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by WiND DANCE View Post
    Check my thread
    I did and, aaaaaaaaaaaawesome man, thanks a lot!!!!!!, I am ordering the relay and getting the thing fixed!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    RiSC
    MWFX
    Posts
    10,979
    Name
    Andy
    Ride
    2003 FX45
    Thanks Given
    231
    Thanks Received: 
    750
    What was the symptom to your Bose amp? Hope that WiND DANCE DIY is the solution to your Bose amp problem.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tripoli - Libya
    Posts
    324
    Ride
    2004 FX45
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanks Received: 
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by la_fx35 View Post
    What was the symptom to your Bose amp? Hope that WiND DANCE DIY is the solution to your Bose amp problem.
    Basically it does not work at all, I hooked a friend's unit (subs and amp) to my wiring and it worked, I hooked my two subs to my friend's amp and they worked, so I figured it is my amp.

    I feel what you are saying, that my case is not necessarily the same as WiND's, but it is cheap and something I can try before I will be compelled to buy the whole unit for 250$ from the cars grave yard, they refused to sell the amp alone.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Posts
    959
    Ride
    2004 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    27
    Thanks Received: 
    33
    do what i did.. bought an after market amp, and pac audio soem-t kit, amp wiring harness and wire in an aftermarket amp... under 100 and will sound better than stock

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    RiSC
    MWFX
    Posts
    10,979
    Name
    Andy
    Ride
    2003 FX45
    Thanks Given
    231
    Thanks Received: 
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataher View Post
    Basically it does not work at all, I hooked a friend's unit (subs and amp) to my wiring and it worked, I hooked my two subs to my friend's amp and they worked, so I figured it is my amp.

    I feel what you are saying, that my case is not necessarily the same as WiND's, but it is cheap and something I can try before I will be compelled to buy the whole unit for 250$ from the cars grave yard, they refused to sell the amp alone.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cool, be sure to report back and share what you found.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    norcal
    Posts
    2
    Ride
    2005 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanks Received: 
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarb15 View Post
    do what i did.. bought an after market amp, and pac audio soem-t kit, amp wiring harness and wire in an aftermarket amp... under 100 and will sound better than stock
    Could you send me some details or DIY on how you did that and where to purchase the parts to complete the job. I just want an upgraded amp then the original stock ones, it is not all that great to my ears....

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Posts
    959
    Ride
    2004 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    27
    Thanks Received: 
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by g35x View Post
    Could you send me some details or DIY on how you did that and where to purchase the parts to complete the job. I just want an upgraded amp then the original stock ones, it is not all that great to my ears....
    Boss ce200m 200w monoblock amp on eBay..

    PAC audio soem-t eBay

    And 10ga amp install kit

    And instructions are on here.. Plus I'm waiting for tchuck to post pics to me of how he set it up

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    RiSC
    NWFX
    Posts
    10,184
    Ride
    2004 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    96
    Thanks Received: 
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarb15 View Post
    Boss ce200m 200w monoblock amp on eBay..

    PAC audio soem-t eBay

    And 10ga amp install kit

    And instructions are on here.. Plus I'm waiting for tchuck to post pics to me of how he set it up
    Sorry man, I'm lagging. Its been pouring down rain here every day since you asked, but I'm going out to snap a couple pics right this second. Check your email in a few mins..

    SfmDRuT2

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    RiSC
    NWFX
    Posts
    10,184
    Ride
    2004 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    96
    Thanks Received: 
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarb15 View Post
    Boss ce200m 200w monoblock amp on eBay..

    PAC audio soem-t eBay

    And 10ga amp install kit

    And instructions are on here.. Plus I'm waiting for tchuck to post pics to me of how he set it up
    I just sent you an email.

    SfmDRuT2

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tripoli - Libya
    Posts
    324
    Ride
    2004 FX45
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanks Received: 
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by la_fx35 View Post
    Cool, be sure to report back and share what you found.
    Sure thing. Mbarb15 project will be my second step if this did not work.

    I actually requested in another post if someone has upgraded the entire system as I was not very happy with it even before this amp quits on me, and jf2oo6 came back with a cool set up:

    http://www.infinitiscene.com/forum/s...t.php?p=341022

    Jf2oo6 promised to post pictures and a DIY, if the financial time is right, I might as well go upgrading the whole thing.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Posts
    959
    Ride
    2004 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    27
    Thanks Received: 
    33
    ok, here you guys go...

    as per tchuck's diagram he emailed me.. i re-drew it and scanned it... (big thanks man)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOC3.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	7480

    here's another view of how u HAVE to wire your stock speakers to handle the impedance change

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2SVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	7481

    i will be posting a DIY addition or change with links and more info when i do mine this weekend..

    got this 200w monoblock 2ohm stable amp on ebay for around $40
    http://www.bossaudio.com/auto/200-wa...s-epic-ce200m/
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boss-Audio-C...item4d06e47971

    you need to pic up this Pac Soem-T Line Out Converter... ebay for under $20
    http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOEM-T-2CH-A...160c02&vxp=mtr

    and also an 10 ga or 8 ga amp wiring kit... ebay for under $20
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOSS-KIT...item416e4b08c2
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/XAK-1700-100...item53ed10f05a
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOSS-KIT...item4166faf956


    thanks and hope this helps
    Last edited by mbarb15; 11-20-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: updated links

  15.    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbarb15 For This Useful Post:


  16. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tripoli - Libya
    Posts
    324
    Ride
    2004 FX45
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanks Received: 
    16
    Guys, it worked!!!!

    I just went to a local shop and picked a cheap 12V relay - less than a dollar, only I had to install it the opposite way via wiring so it is not directly mounted on the PCB, direct mounting did not work and I guess it is a circuit thing that is currently beyond my comprehension. I figured this out by coincidence while trying to troubleshoot why it did not work the first time. It can get messy and annoying when desoldering the original relay so get a vacuum hand pump, a word of advise is to try your new relay just by establishing contact before soldering it in place.

    So I guess my case was an advanced stage of WiND's, it starts cutting till it completely quits.

    Thank you all guys, I can now enjoy my subwoofer till the right time comes for an upgrade.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tripoli - Libya
    Posts
    324
    Ride
    2004 FX45
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanks Received: 
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarb15 View Post
    ok, here you guys go...

    as per tchuck's diagram he emailed me.. i re-drew it and scanned it... (big thanks man)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOC3.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	7480

    here's another view of how u HAVE to wire your stock speakers to handle the impedance change

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2SVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	7481

    i will be posting a DIY addition or change with links and more info when i do mine this weekend..

    got this 200w monoblock 2ohm stable amp on ebay for around $40
    http://www.bossaudio.com/auto/200-wa...s-epic-ce200m/
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boss-Audio-C...item4d06e47971

    you need to pic up this Pac Soem-T Line Out Converter... ebay for under $20
    http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...;CategoryID=28
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOEM-T-2CH-A...02&vxp=mtr

    and also an 10 ga or 8 ga amp wiring kit... ebay for under $20
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOSS-KIT...item416e4b08c2
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/XAK-1700-100...item53ed10f05a
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BOSS-KIT...item4166faf956


    thanks and hope this helps
    Mbarb thanks for spending time on this, our prayers.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  18. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Posts
    959
    Ride
    2004 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    27
    Thanks Received: 
    33
    No worries!!

  19. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Valley CA
    Posts
    113
    Ride
    2005 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    9
    Thanks Received: 
    10
    Interesting

  20. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tripoli - Libya
    Posts
    324
    Ride
    2004 FX45
    Thanks Given
    16
    Thanks Received: 
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataher View Post
    Guys, it worked!!!!

    I just went to a local shop and picked a cheap 12V relay - less than a dollar, only I had to install it the opposite way via wiring so it is not directly mounted on the PCB, direct mounting did not work and I guess it is a circuit thing that is currently beyond my comprehension. I figured this out by coincidence while trying to troubleshoot why it did not work the first time. It can get messy and annoying when desoldering the original relay so get a vacuum hand pump, a word of advise is to try your new relay just by establishing contact before soldering it in place.

    So I guess my case was an advanced stage of WiND's, it starts cutting till it completely quits.

    Thank you all guys, I can now enjoy my subwoofer till the right time comes for an upgrade.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In case of some readers did not know what I meant by "opposite way", the relay can be directly mounted on the PCB but it will be on the wrong side of it which will not allow it to rest in the enclosure - it will be inappropriate too. So can you solder 5 x 2" long wires instead, and then cross the adjacent ones around and solder them to the relay, wrap it well with electrical tape to avoid any short circuits and lay it in place, you should be able to close the cover of the enclosure with a slight amount of pressure.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  21. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    nantucket, ma.
    Posts
    15
    Ride
    2005 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanks Received: 
    0
    thanks


 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Used 09 FX35 Headlight Comp Assy - $800.00
    By Exige in forum Ad Archives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 08:52 PM
  2. [FX35 03-08] Bose subwoofer...
    By SteveFX35 in forum FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 06:29 PM
  3. [FX35 03-08] In need of used Bose amp 05-08 fx35
    By ThePublisher in forum FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 09:37 PM
  4. [FX35 03-08] Need New Amp For Factory Bose Sub Box
    By FX OG in forum FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 12:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:11 AM.