What's New Home Forum Top
Supporter Rides
Register
Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti crossover owners and enthusiasts!
Welcome to InfinitiScene.com!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, and are only allowed limited access to the forum. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?
Here are a few of the many reasons why you should join our site...

  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Our members experience fewer Ads.
  • You can earn a free virtual garage/gallery.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1. #1
    Fire0nic3 Guest

    New 7 Speed Transmission Reflash is out (2nd Reflash)

    ITB10-075



    There is a new bulletin for the jerky 7 speed transmissions out! This is a completely different reflash compared to the first and has been designated as ITB10-075 for the TSB number. I know some have got the first reflash and it either helped a little or didn't help at all. Well this new second reflash it is suppose to correct that and fix any left over gear searching, harsh downshifts, etc.


    Saw this on Myg37 so I figured I'd post it here. I'm going in for my oil change soon so I will try and see if they will reflash mine again even though the first reflash helped a lot in my opinion.

    ---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

    By the way this applies to all 2009-2011 models!!



    Register

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,086
    Ride
    2009 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    38
    Thanks Received: 
    7
    : good to know, thanks for the heads up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire0nic3 View Post
    ITB10-075



    There is a new bulletin for the jerky 7 speed transmissions out! This is a completely different reflash compared to the first and has been designated as ITB10-075 for the TSB number. I know some have got the first reflash and it either helped a little or didn't help at all. Well this new second reflash it is suppose to correct that and fix any left over gear searching, harsh downshifts, etc.


    Saw this on Myg37 so I figured I'd post it here. I'm going in for my oil change soon so I will try and see if they will reflash mine again even though the first reflash helped a lot in my opinion.

    ---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

    By the way this applies to all 2009-2011 models!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI / Canton, MI / Chicago, IL
    RiSC
    MWFX
    Posts
    11,989
    Ride
    2009 FX50S
    Thanks Given
    140
    Thanks Received: 
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire0nic3 View Post
    ITB10-075



    There is a new bulletin for the jerky 7 speed transmissions out! This is a completely different reflash compared to the first and has been designated as ITB10-075 for the TSB number. I know some have got the first reflash and it either helped a little or didn't help at all. Well this new second reflash it is suppose to correct that and fix any left over gear searching, harsh downshifts, etc.


    Saw this on Myg37 so I figured I'd post it here. I'm going in for my oil change soon so I will try and see if they will reflash mine again even though the first reflash helped a lot in my opinion.

    ---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

    By the way this applies to all 2009-2011 models!!
    Can you go in and just request the TSB to be done? How do you know they did it or which reflash they did? For all I know they could just do the original reflash.

  4. #4
    Fire0nic3 Guest
    You can't just go in and request it. Last time I had the first reflash done the service advisor said they have to test and confirm if the bulletin description applies first to the car before they can perform any transmission reflash update. Sometimes he told me though that it can be as simple as checking the VIN number on the car to see if VIN applies to the service bulletin (TSB).


    They can't do the original reflash because that's a totally different bulletin number. When they perform a TSB fix on your car it's printed on the invoice paper they give you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI / Canton, MI / Chicago, IL
    RiSC
    MWFX
    Posts
    11,989
    Ride
    2009 FX50S
    Thanks Given
    140
    Thanks Received: 
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire0nic3 View Post
    You can't just go in and request it. Last time I had the first reflash done the service advisor said they have to test and confirm if the bulletin description applies first to the car before they can perform any transmission reflash update. Sometimes he told me though that it can be as simple as checking the VIN number on the car to see if VIN applies to the service bulletin (TSB).


    They can't do the original reflash because that's a totally different bulletin number. When they perform a TSB fix on your car it's printed on the invoice paper they give you.
    Gotcha, I have experienced some hard down shifts from 4->3. So they would only apply the original reflash and not this one? I guess I'm not getting it. This latest one I would think would correct everything so why wouldn't they always use the latest one (in which case why would they create a whole new TSB for it).

  6. #6
    Fire0nic3 Guest
    Because the original reflash didn't fix things too well. So this reflash is a revised version aka reflash number 2.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charlton, MA
    RiSC
    NEFX
    Posts
    1,289
    Ride
    2009 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    8
    Thanks Received: 
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire0nic3 View Post
    Because the original reflash didn't fix things too well. So this reflash is a revised version aka reflash number 2.
    I wonder if this is the one they did on mine. I'm thinking it is because I haven't noticed as much gear searching/hinting and its been shifting a lot smoother. I'll call the Infinti Tech tomorrow and make sure. Good to know they released it if that was the one. You guys will be happy with this flash.

  8. #8
    Fire0nic3 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmess86 View Post
    I wonder if this is the one they did on mine. I'm thinking it is because I haven't noticed as much gear searching/hinting and its been shifting a lot smoother. I'll call the Infinti Tech tomorrow and make sure. Good to know they released it if that was the one. You guys will be happy with this flash.


    So is the tranny finally good?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charlton, MA
    RiSC
    NEFX
    Posts
    1,289
    Ride
    2009 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    8
    Thanks Received: 
    20
    At first I didn't notice anything because I mostly drove highway and it didn't shift much. But lately I've definitely noticed firmer shifts, its more responsive and just a better overall driving experience. Before it was laggy, jerky in between shifts and was constantly searching for gears and the exhaust tone made it worse. But yeah tranny is good. Good to know I was the first in the US to get the update. Well thats what the Master Tech from Nissan of North American told me.. lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ashburn,VA
    Posts
    211
    Ride
    2010 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanks Received: 
    0
    Nice, will call my dealer to get mine done.

  11. #11
    Fire0nic3 Guest
    I'm getting mine done next week! Will post back with results....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    56
    Ride
    2010 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanks Received: 
    1
    Cool. Mine's going in for it's first dealer visit after purchase next week. Will inquire about this.

  13. #13
    Fire0nic3 Guest
    Good, don't forget to mention the TSB number ;)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI / Canton, MI / Chicago, IL
    RiSC
    MWFX
    Posts
    11,989
    Ride
    2009 FX50S
    Thanks Given
    140
    Thanks Received: 
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire0nic3 View Post
    I'm getting mine done next week! Will post back with results....
    Hey Aaron, how do u plan on bringing it up? Mention trans still not good and then mention the TSB? But if it's running good they probably won't do any updates. I just thought if u go in and mention a TSB the dealer won't typically just go ahead and reflash unless they see an issue themselves that warrants a reflash.

  15. #15
    Fire0nic3 Guest
    Yea I can't say the tranny is still acting weird because I think it performs good now after the first reflash. But I guess it doesn't hurt to try. The service advisor told me last time that sometimes they don't need to test the vehicle to see if a problem exists. He said sometimes they can just simply run the VIN number and see if the technical service bulletin applies to the VIN number.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    30
    Ride
    2010 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanks Received: 
    0
    Today we had to have the dealership take a look at the brakes because of some vibration in the steering wheel and brake pedal when braking. I also printed out the TSB and handwrote the issues we have experienced with our tranny. I told my wife to give that to the service department.

    They advised that the above TSB is for the G37. However, the service manager told my wife that Infiniti is aware of tranny complaints and is working on the issue... such a cliche statement. I'm bummed. I was hoping to have a smoother shifting tranny.

    This is something I also didn't know. Apparently, the brakes are only covered under warranty until 12,000 miles. Looks like we'll be going aftermarket (again) when the pads and rotors wear out.

  17. #17
    Fire0nic3 Guest
    That's weird of the dealer to say that the brakes are only covered to 12K miles. While they are wear and tear items and that's not covered under warranty, if it's causing a problem I would demand it should be performed under warranty. Believe it or not I have 31K on my original brake pads and rotors and no problems at all. Never resurfaced either.

    Oh and the tranny update is for the FX. I don't know what the dealer is talking about. I was told by someone that it applies to the FX's. Even JMess on here had it done by a tech from corporate.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    30
    Ride
    2010 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanks Received: 
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire0nic3 View Post
    That's weird of the dealer to say that the brakes are only covered to 12K miles. While they are wear and tear items and that's not covered under warranty, if it's causing a problem I would demand it should be performed under warranty. Believe it or not I have 31K on my original brake pads and rotors and no problems at all. Never resurfaced either.

    Oh and the tranny update is for the FX. I don't know what the dealer is talking about. I was told by someone that it applies to the FX's. Even JMess on here had it done by a tech from corporate.
    They just resurfaced the rotors under warranty today...just found it odd that the dealer would say that. I've never had any issues with service at the dealership but I'm starting to wonder if things are changing now and they're getting too big for their britches and forgetting their reason for their success... the customer.

    And about the TSB... brother, you aren't telling me anything that didn't raise my eyebrow in disbelief either. When my wife told me they said that I retorted, "It's the same transmission, what the heck are they talking about?!!" I think it was just a service guy who doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. Because, my wife said that they test drove the vehicle and said it seemed okay. Alright, I'm just imagining it all. (Nods head)

  19. #19
    Fire0nic3 Guest
    Yeah it's the same tranny lol.....it makes no sense. Only thing I can think of that may be slightly different is the software programming for the G37 compared to the FX35. The tranny software is programed a little differently for the 3.7L engine than the 3.5L engine since their different engines.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    RiSC
    NWFX
    Posts
    10,176
    Ride
    2004 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    96
    Thanks Received: 
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire0nic3 View Post
    Yeah it's the same tranny lol.....it makes no sense. Only thing I can think of that may be slightly different is the software programming for the G37 compared to the FX35. The tranny software is programed a little differently for the 3.7L engine than the 3.5L engine since their different engines.
    Are you sure it's LITERALLY the same tranny? Obviously they are both 7-speeds but do they have the same internals? Same part #s?

    Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [FX45 03-08] ECU Reflash by Techno Square...
    By HumbertoCALI in forum FX (03-08) - FX45 Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 06:24 AM
  2. [FX45 03-08] TechnoSquare ECU reflash for FX45
    By djpathfinder in forum FX (03-08) - Boost, Track & Tuning
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 07:43 AM
  3. [FX35 09-12] Tranny reflash...steering column TSB??
    By jawaii99 in forum FX (09+) - FX35 Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
  4. [FX45 03-08] LMS Intake and Technosquare ECU Reflash
    By Dr.2K in forum FX (03-08) - FX45 Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 11:20 AM
  5. [FX45 03-08] LMS intake + TS reflash with or without exhaust?
    By trainerKEN in forum FX (03-08) - FX45 Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 09:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 PM.