What's New Home Forum Top
Supporter Rides
Register
Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti crossover owners and enthusiasts!
Welcome to InfinitiScene.com!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, and are only allowed limited access to the forum. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?
Here are a few of the many reasons why you should join our site...

• Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Our members experience fewer Ads.
  • You can earn a free virtual garage/gallery.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!
    Ride
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received: 

Electronics tpms not working

hey guys quick question about tpms. my light came on indicating i had a flat. i quickly pulled over to check my tires to make sure everything was fine. all tires looked good so i check the tpms to fine one sensor not reading pressure. what do you think is going on? :frown:

Register
    Last edited by wiseguywm; 08-07-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Ride
    2010 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received: 
    need to be calibrated,wait a little maybe system will fix it itself.
    or needs dealer programming
    or simply 1 sensor failed

Ride
    2010 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received: 
    We are seeing in the industry that the shelf life for the batteries in these sensors is about 4-5 yrs. If you haven`t had a flat repaired recently or the tire pressure is fine. You could have one of the sensors failing due to the battery dieing. Your dealer would be able to turn on that one sensor and re-learn your system if that isn`t the case. If not you may need to replace a sensor.....

Ride
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received: 
    Well i had my car in at the dealer last thursday. all they did was reset the tpms. They charged me $37, but for the life of me i don't know why the tpms would stop cummunicating while driving unless it was a real flat which it wasn't.

Ride
    2005 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received: 
    I got the same problem as the OP. Started 3 days ago. One of them shows two asterix (**) but all tires checked out fine. It does come and go though. I guess the dealer is about to get my $37 too.

Ride
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received: 

flat tire light back on

its been about three weeks i guess, and my tpms is not reading the tire pressure on a different wheel this time. i got in the car to go to work this morning and the flat tire light started flashing. it was fine yesterday when i came from work. my wife drove it last night, and she said it was fine when she parked it last night. i don't know what happen over night as the car sat and then starting it up this morning? it must be someting wrong with maybe the component that reads the pressure, and not so much the monitors in the wheels. :mad.:

Ride
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received: 
    i have the same problems but it happens when im on the highway...when you paid the $37 did it resolve the issue? cuz my light will go away after i get back on city roads...im deducing that it has something to do when the tires get hot but thats just a shot in the dark...

Ride
    2005 FX35 RWD
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received: 
    I have the same problem also. It turns on when I'm on the freeway. If I exit and get a red light, I turn it off and turn it back on and it's gone. Happens maybe once week to once a month. It varies.

Ride
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received: 

Electronics tpms

actually since the last time i posted about the tpms it happen a third time. this time it was the same one as the first time. the dealer finally said it was a bad monitor that i wound up paying $154. its been about two weeks now and that monitor hasn't came back on. i wondering if you can mix and match OE montiors with the one that infinitipartsusa.com were selling for like $45? if that the case then next time i will order from them.

Ride
    2004 FX45
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received: 
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguywm View Post
    actually since the last time i posted about the tpms it happen a third time. this time it was the same one as the first time. the dealer finally said it was a bad monitor that i wound up paying $154. its been about two weeks now and that monitor hasn't came back on. i wondering if you can mix and match OE montiors with the one that infinitipartsusa.com were selling for like $45? if that the case then next time i will order from them.
    Yes but every new addition will need calibration. Best case wouldbe replace all at once and pay only once for recalibration.

Ride
    2012 FX35 AWD
    Thanks Given
    Thanks Received: 
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew628 View Post
    We are seeing in the industry that the shelf life for the batteries in these sensors is about 4-5 yrs. If you haven`t had a flat repaired recently or the tire pressure is fine. You could have one of the sensors failing due to the battery dieing. Your dealer would be able to turn on that one sensor and re-learn your system if that isn`t the case. If not you may need to replace a sensor.....

Actually there's no batteries in these units, they generate power from the spin of the wheel like a generator. That's why it takes a bit for these things to start transmitting their signal. Now if you stop the car the system will retain the PSI reading.

Just thought I would pass that info since I had one of mine replaced because I broke the stem after trying to take off one of those shiny metal caps (which I found out the hard way that brass doesn't like aluminum stems). The tech told me they don't contain batteries as they would fail quite fast from heat or cold.